combo disc issue solution - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Default combo disc issue solution

I had one combo disc that was i was having trouble playing in my hd dvd player... and i found out why

aparantly some of the combos were pressed and not wiped of the residue properly from the pressing process... a simple lint free cloth and some low strength rubbing alcohol cleans this residue up... it's a simple act of laziness during the manufacturing process...

DO NOT believe the blu fanboys... DO NOT try to boil your discs... it hurts to think of exposing plastic to high tempratures... did anyone eve leave a cd in a hot car in direct sunlight the summer and have warping issues? the boiling thing was started by blu fanboys...

if you are lazy but have issues with combo discs, DVD doctor has a cleaning device for 15 bucks at best buy. you do not need the $40 dvd doctor repair version unless you caught a kid using it as a hockey puck. in that case you should ground the kid and make him or her pay for the abused disc...
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

You're wrong. I'm certainly not a "Blu fanboy" but I have used the hot water method and it works. You don't need to actually boil it, but people have done that too and it works also. Just running it under some hot tap is sufficient.