Universal Classics - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 AM

Default Universal Classics

What's the hold up with Universal releasing some of their classics on HD DVD. I'm dying to own some Hitchcock, classic monster movies (I wonder how black and white would transfer to HD?), and not to mention the newer classics like "Back to the Future"? Uni has a huge catalog to choose from and help win consumers to HD DVD. Disney always touts about all of their hits and classics being Blu-Ray, why doesn't Uni pull out some classic bestsellers to make some noise?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm with you, I would love me some Frankenstein HD style.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrof3 View Post
I wonder how black and white would transfer to HD
It's not like its something that hasn't been done yet.

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/casablanca.html
Old 01-03-2008, 01:31 AM

Their are a few black & white BD discs that look great. Seventh Seal being one of them.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
It's not like its something that hasn't been done yet.

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/casablanca.html

I consider Casablanca one of the best transfers I've seen so far, it's flawless.

I'm sure they are just taking some time with the Hitchcock classics. Everyone wants them to be perfect. Even so, I can't wait for them to be released. Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, North by Northwest...man I'm getting all edgy just thinking about them on HD DVD. These are some of my most highly anticipated films, along with some more Bogart classics.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrof3 View Post
I'm dying to own some Hitchcock, classic monster movies (I wonder how black and white would transfer to HD?),
I'd snap up the Universal Monster classics like Creature from the Black Lagoon or Bride of Frankenstein.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeABeer View Post
I consider Casablanca one of the best transfers I've seen so far, it's flawless.

I'm sure they are just taking some time with the Hitchcock classics. Everyone wants them to be perfect. Even so, I can't wait for them to be released. Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, North by Northwest...man I'm getting all edgy just thinking about them on HD DVD. These are some of my most highly anticipated films, along with some more Bogart classics.
Yep, I'm with you there. I really, really hope that their taking the time to make these flawless transfers, as they demand respect. I also found Casablanca to be an amazing transfer, and hope that they put forth the same type of effort with Hitchcock titles. I simply can't wait for these, along with Citizen Kane....
Old 01-03-2008, 04:34 AM

I caught Psycho the other night on HDNET movies. I was shocked at how good it looked. It was the first time i had ever seen how much hair Janet leigh had on her arms and face
Old 01-03-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtjoker View Post
I caught Psycho the other night on HDNET movies. I was shocked at how good it looked. It was the first time i had ever seen how much hair Janet leigh had on her arms and face
My mouth is watering for Psycho in HD!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:42 AM

They probably could fit all those B&W Horror Classics onto 2 discs. LOL! I would buy 'em.