Smokin Aces' HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Smokin Aces' HD DVD

I did nit see this movie but it really looks good, the critics can go to hell, I never had the same taste they had anyways

check out what I found... if this is true Universal (I love you)

And for the HD-DVD, Universal is doing this thing that they’ve never done, which is they are literally going to have a map of Tahoe and a complete three-dimensional image of the hotel, and at any point in the movie you’ll be able to click on a character in a separate pop up display, and it’ll tell you where they are in the hotel as the movie is running. They’re really stretching it and embracing all the aspects of the technology. I’m excited. And I get to prattle on endlessly on the commentary.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 AM

i really liked this movie. alot.

people say that the ending sucked but i thought it was great.

instant buy for me.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:46 PM

yea i like this movie. def buy for me also
Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 PM

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#020707

According to the Digital Bits Universal is planning a April 17th release on Smokin' Aces.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:15 PM

I'm gonna buy it too. I love me some Alicia Keys. However, I must say that I was dissapointed with the movie iwhen watching it in the theatres.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#020707

According to the Digital Bits Universal is planning a April 17th release on Smokin' Aces.
i cannot wait ! this movie could have pulled me to the 'dark side' if it wasnt on HD DVD!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:07 PM

This is more like it we have Movies coming Out that makes Blu Ray Jealous
Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenmulder View Post
This is more like it we have Movies coming Out that makes Blu Ray Jealous
I agree! I was disappointed with this movie but I am glad it's a HD DVD exclusive. I know some Blu-ray owners that really liked this movie that will be green with envy for sure!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Have we really stooped this low that we're now giddy over things that make the "other side" jealous? I thought that is what the "Smackdown" forum is for. I try not to visit the Smackdown forum because I don't want to read childish posts. Can we please not turn every subforum into a smackdown forum.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
Have we really stooped this low that we're now giddy over things that make the "other side" jealous? I thought that is what the "Smackdown" forum is for. I try not to visit the Smackdown forum because I don't want to read childish posts. Can we please not turn every subforum into a smackdown forum.
Yes, I don't like it either. I would like to keep smackdown conversations out of this forum, I already control it a bit but it is difficult sometimes to draw the line.

However, in general I recommend going to the smackdown or general discussion threads when you want to debate or even compare the two formats. When you are in this forum, then you are looking to share or gain info on HD DVD,so try to leave Blu-ray out of the conversation as much as possible.

I also agree that the smackdown forum is turning into childish attempts to gain points for one side or the other - much less compelling than just trying to enjoy our respective formats.