Problems with Mr. Bean's Holiday? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Problems with Mr. Bean's Holiday?

I've read a few people having issues with this HD DVD and I'm wondering how widespread they are. Around 54 minutes or so (right at the beginning of Chapter 14), the disc completely freezes up on me. After a few reboots of my HD A30 (firmware 1.3), I got it working. I contacted Universal a few days ago, no response (so much for the 24 hour response they mentioned in their email). I also emailed Toshiba. They at least got back to me. I was told that I must call their support at 1-800-631-3811 to resolve the issue "due to the complexity of [my] situation" (anyone had any experience calling them, is it worth my time? or will I get some outsourced guy who knows nothing?)

Anyway, the problem seems to be affecting several people so if it affects you too, might not hurt to make a few phone calls/emails.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM

I watched my copy of Bean last night and had the same problem at the same spot. Finally had to flip the disk over to finish the movie. Did you ever get your problem resolved? Anybody else have this issue and how was it resolved?
Craig
Old 01-20-2008, 11:22 PM

No problems with my copy. Its going to be an issue with a combo disc. Take it back and exchange it.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 PM

Your first problem is buying this piece of crap film. I mean does it even need an HD release? Come on!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeglio View Post
I've read a few people having issues with this HD DVD and I'm wondering how widespread they are. Around 54 minutes or so (right at the beginning of Chapter 14), the disc completely freezes up on me. After a few reboots of my HD A30 (firmware 1.3), I got it working. I contacted Universal a few days ago, no response (so much for the 24 hour response they mentioned in their email). I also emailed Toshiba. They at least got back to me. I was told that I must call their support at 1-800-631-3811 to resolve the issue "due to the complexity of [my] situation" (anyone had any experience calling them, is it worth my time? or will I get some outsourced guy who knows nothing?)

Anyway, the problem seems to be affecting several people so if it affects you too, might not hurt to make a few phone calls/emails.
I ordered the import from Amazon UK. Its a non combo. Solves that combo problem.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 AM

Lol mr bean, one of universals big 3, timecop, balls of fury and mr bean... but all jokes aside I don't have this movie but I think your problem is in the combo format, I had a problem like that in bourne ultmatium, it stoped at the same point everytime. I exchanged it and the new one works just fine.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 AM
formerly HD DVD DEFENDER & RED&BLUE HD DEFENDER

Mr beans holiday grossed over 200 million world wide, i would hardly think your attempts of making it look a joke of a release have any grounds.

and you definately cant put time cop and balls of furry in the same league as mr beans holiday.

i have had the uk import since the begining of august. 2 weeks before the us theatrical release and i havent had any problems with it.

i just wish universal would go ahead and release Bean on hd allready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlash678 View Post
Lol mr bean, one of universals big 3, timecop, balls of fury and mr bean... but all jokes aside I don't have this movie but I think your problem is in the combo format, I had a problem like that in bourne ultmatium, it stoped at the same point everytime. I exchanged it and the new one works just fine.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDVD DEFENDER View Post
i just wish universal would go ahead and release Bean on hd allready.
yes...

and as far as problems with the disc playing... not one problem with my 360 player