English for the Hearing Impared - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2007, 11:12 AM

Default English for the Hearing Impared

Please pardon my ignorance...

But I have seen a few people complain that some HD DVDs only have "English Captions for the Hearing Impared" rather than standard English Captions. Could someone tell me what the difference is?

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithcheese View Post

But I have seen a few people complain that some HD DVDs only have "English Captions for the Hearing Impared" rather than standard English Captions. Could someone tell me what the difference is?

Thanks.
English for Hard of Hearing includes all the sound effects as well as the dialog, regular English subs is just the dialog.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwithcheese View Post

Thanks.
The captions for Hearing Impared also show things happening (not said) like "strong wind is blowing." "comet is crushing into the house". "thunder wisteling."
Old 12-31-2007, 11:27 AM

Ah, I see. Thank you.