Question about Transformers PQ... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-29-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Question about Transformers PQ...

Hey all,

I was watching Transformers recently, and overall, the PQ is absolutely stunning. However, dark scenes seem to be bothersome. Check out almost any scenes at night, as well as most the scenes in the Pentagon. The blacks are not really solid...they are more of a deep blue.

Is this intentional? Are many of the night scenes in this movie supposed to have a bluish hue? Detail is still perfect otherwise. Also, I'm doubting it's a problem with my TV, as everything else has always looked perfect. For comparison, I popped in Batman Begins and all of it's dark scenes (of which there are many) looked spot on.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject for me? For the record, I'm watching the movie on the HDA2 in 720p.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:00 AM

I watch the filmon 1080i/720p too.
Too be honest I haven't really noticed but I'm watching it again tonite so will look out.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:05 AM

I find it looks fine on my setup also. Maybe you could tweek your settings in your menu of the tv and you could get the same result as you do with BB.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:20 AM

This could be just the way it is. I just watched it with the kids the other night but I dont recall any blue hue to the darker scenes. Deep, dark black is the toughest thing for a TV to reproduce so that might have something to do with it too.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm not really sure it's 'wrong,' some of the blacks actually are black, so I was just curious if anyone else noticed it. It could be intentional, and my mind's eye may have blown it out of proportion. I'll pop it back in later and really take a look to decide if it's supposed to be that way.