Another Amazon HD DVD sales "first" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up Another Amazon HD DVD sales "first"

I just saw that all of the titles in the Top 20 HD DVD sales list at Amazon are also in the Top 100 for overall Amazon DVD sales. I do believe this is the first time HD DVD titles have accomplished this feat since the HD DVD/Blu-Ray "war" began.

FYI: On the same listing, only six Blu-Ray titles are in Amazon's Top 100.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:46 PM

Yeah, there are 27 HD DVD titles in the top 100 DVDs vs. 5 Blu-rays. A number of the HD DVD titles aren't even in the BOGO (and Blu-ray is having a 50% off sale on their titles). Not too shabby at all - it is nice to see HD DVD dominating the year end sales like they deserve, much like they were losing it to Blu-ray after the Christmas PS3 sales last year (and the PS3 owners were claiming that HD DVD would never make it into the top 100 again a year ago...).
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
(and the PS3 owners were claiming that HD DVD would never make it into the top 100 again a year ago...)
Wow. Did they really make that claim? I know that HD DVD was supposed to have been down for the count by March. Then May. Then...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefBear View Post
Wow. Did they really make that claim? I know that HD DVD was supposed to have been down for the count by March. Then May. Then...
Many did for sure, including some prominent members. And yet it is a year later and HD DVD has the first HD title to reach the #1 position on Amazon.