BlockBuster increasing stock in-store and On-line HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Default BlockBuster increasing stock in-store and On-line HD DVD

I know most of you could care less about Block Buster rentals but I thought I would mention this anyways. I wrote to Block Buster basically telling them I was switching to NetFlix because I was fed up with the price increases and even more so with the ridiculous waiting times for HD DVD rentals.

The response I received in part read as follows..."We are currently increasing the stocks of our HD DVDs both online and instore. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated. If you need further assistance, please let me know."

Aristotle
Customer Care Associate
BLOCKBUSTER Online

Perhaps Block Buster is finally starting to see a demand and will reconsider its stance on HD DVD. Of course, if they go bankrupt it really won't matter will it?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 PM

yeah I think it has been very apparent for some time that Blockbuster doesn't give a rat's ass about their "decision." They are OBVIOUSLY NOT following their stupid fucking proclamation that they would be renting bd ONLY in new stores. I REALLY wish some website like Videobusiness or HDD would call them on their BS. It's about time they admitted their OBVIOUS mistake and fessed up that they are renting HD DVDs in PLENTY of new stores as many people have discussed. Why doesn't HDD get to the bottem of this?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 PM

It is obvious that the HD DVD market is growing pretty fast and I am sure Blockbuster does not want to lose customers because of some stupid short term decision, so I am expecting to see HD DVD more and more at Blockbuster stores.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:16 PM

The moron who made the decision at the beginning of the year for Block Buster isn't even there anymore is he?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
It is obvious that the HD DVD market is growing pretty fast and I am sure Blockbuster does not want to lose customers because of some stupid short term decision, so I am expecting to see HD DVD more and more at Blockbuster stores.
If blockbuster stores start stocking hd dvd's that would be good. I already expect to cancel my netflix subscription as I have bought so many hd dvd's in the last month that I see no reason to rent what I already own.

This would at least let me rent before I buy something from Amazon of course.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Hastings (well, at least my local store here in eastern WA...) also seems to be making similar changes.

They only carried Blu-ray rentals for the last couple of months (they sold both formats, but were Blu exclusive on rentals). To my surprise, I walked in there earlier last week and saw a new HD DVD rental section.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 PM

I had a strange experience at BlockBuster last week.

I remember seeing 3 racks of HD DVD's downstairs in the older release section at my local BB and 1 rack of BlueRay upstairs. This was before I picked up my HD DVD player recently. I haven't been renting lately and was excited about renting as many HD DVDs as I could, but when I got there, I only saw the single rack of BlueRay.

I questioned the clerk about this and he said they never carried HD DVD's, which was weird, because I know I saw a lot of Red. I even browsed through them looking at some I might want to see in the future. Iím pretty sure the people who work there thought they werenít renting and kept them for themselves.

Well anyway when he said we never carried HD, I said you soon will!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Considering that Warner is the only neutral studio there is really no reason they should not be renting HD-DVD's. Personally I haven't stepped into a blockbuster. Didn't know they were renting HD-DVD's after their BD only announcement. They need to "get the word out" to HD-DVD owners.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
O_o

Outside of some incentives, I never understood why Blockbuster would risk alienating HD DVD users by not offering both. I'm sure in 2008, we will see more HD DVD changes. Probably very soon over 1M players, so that is a great number.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 PM

Last time I was in our Blockbuster, they had no HD DVD's anywhere to be seen. Plenty of BD's though. Didn't take long for me to walk right back out.