Would i engoy blade runner? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Would i engoy blade runner?

I kind of want to see this movie but its not available to rent for either HD format at the videostore and i want my first time to see it to be either on hd dvd or blu ray... So ill post my collection so far and u guys can tell me if i should try it out

HD DVD:
Batman Begins
Superman Returns
Training Day
Dawn of the dead
The Hitcher
Transformers
The chronicles of riddick
Serenity
Constantine
Return To House On Haunted Hill
DooM
NIN: beside you in time

Blu Ray:
Live free or die hard
Silent Hill
Spiderman 3

Also i read that it is also related to the game snatcher for the sega cd wich is my favorite game of all time, so that kind of has me excited to see it. But it seems that newcomers to the movie always say its slow and boring, but those who engoyed it back then when it came out love it to death... So im kind of torn, it dosent seem like a go out and buy movie, but like i said my video store dosent have it to rent
Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Blade Runner's pacing would probably be too slow for you based on the films you've listed.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:01 PM

Blade Runner is slow and boring.

I didnt like it, I might like action paced movies but I did like Eastern Promises and The Kingdom.

I wished I wouldve rented it.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 PM

I agree, Blade Runner is slow. Had you had 2001 listed, then I would have said yes, by all means. However, you should rent first.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
Also i read that it is also related to the game snatcher for the sega cd wich is my favorite game of all time, so that kind of has me excited to see it.
It's very influential in terms of it visual style and the Syd Mead production designs in perticular. It's a piece of film history. Given the quality of the HD restoration you'd be crazy not to own a copy.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 PM

It is my sincere belief that it is the greatest Sci-fi movie ever made, but if you don't want to think and would rather just have action, then it may not be for you.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:55 PM

I'm glad I read this thread, I will rent first since I've never seen the movie before.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Taste is subjective. Having said that if you don't like Blade Runner, you should be smacked with a cricket-bat until you explode like a pinata. Hee, hee!
Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 PM

right now it depends on which version you watch. i saw it a year after it came out
i was ten and loved it. then years later when " the directors cut" came out i bought the laser and my love for the movie has wained. i was going to get it yesterday but passed. try renting it and give it a shot.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
Also i read that it is also related to the game snatcher for the sega cd wich is my favorite game of all time
Hooray! Someone else who remembers the majestic awe of this Sega CD game! It was one of the top games for the Sega CD!