How's the PQ on Serenity? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 PM

Default How's the PQ on Serenity?

Just wanted to get some viewer opinions. I just bought Bourne Supremacy, and had to check to see if I bought a fake. I can't get over the amount of grain in it. I put in the sdvd and only noticed some duller colours during the opening scenes in India. How's Serenity? I love the movie, but with a 500+ dvd collection, I'm carefully choosing what I replace with HD.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loccus View Post
Just wanted to get some viewer opinions. I just bought Bourne Supremacy, and had to check to see if I bought a fake. I can't get over the amount of grain in it. I put in the sdvd and only noticed some duller colours during the opening scenes in India. How's Serenity? I love the movie, but with a 500+ dvd collection, I'm carefully choosing what I replace with HD.
It is supposed to be very good. I actually own it, but there are a number of movies that I own which I have not yet watched for the simple reason that I give priority to rentals. The ones I own I save for rainy days when I am really in the mood for a good movie. I am probably strange that way.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:55 PM

Well I am a Big Fan of Serenity and the "Firefly" series. Serenity looks good, I haven't watched it in a while, but I don't recall it being too grainy, as in T.B.S.-Which I obviously remember it being extremely grainy! I still had hoped for a bit more from Serenity, regarding it's PQ. However, we are talking about Serenity, how could you go wrong?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 AM

Serenity looks fabulous and is extremely film like and natural. Some of that grain is intended....the audio is also stellar. You will not be disappointed.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:40 AM

I am waiting for it and the Riddick movies to be released in the new Universal packaging cause lets all admit that the old "foot" cases sucked.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
I am waiting for it and the Riddick movies to be released in the new Universal packaging cause lets all admit that the old "foot" cases sucked.
Hmm, I absolutely have no problem with the current cases. Oh well, I guess different things are to each of us.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
WHAT?!

the foot cases rule... i wish all of them were foot cases... keeps your movies from falling over...

what's not to like about the feet?!

oh, and serenity is very nice looking on HD DVD...
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Indoor scenes look great, outdoor scenes tend to look a little grainy, especially anything with CGI. Still worth the purchase though!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM

well I got some bad news for you man the "foot" cases are extinict they are no more warner is releasing everything on a better made case with not feet. Universal has the new fantastic clicking cases.

I hate that "foot" case for multiple reasons:
1) They look and feel cheap as hell when compared to the new cases.
2) The hd dvd's rattle around in them this could scratch them.
3) They have a lip at the top so although they stand they cannot be utilized for the space saving they were designed for.
4) When I spend money on a HD DVD I want it too feel quality and I have those "foot" cases they feel like they were made from recycled bottle caps...LOL ...I guess this is 1) repeated.

Anyways if anyone sees the original releases like serenity, and riddick on the new universal clicking cases let me know as I love these cases. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Founding Member

feet or non feet cases feel exactly the same to me...