Terry Pratchetts' Hogfather on HD-DVD. How are the chances? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Terry Pratchetts' Hogfather on HD-DVD. How are the chances?

Hi guys,

I saw this film adaptation just today for the first time ever. Was a great film experience. Althought it wasn't presented in "Real-HD" with the high bitrates TNT HD or Skyone present their movies in (as Pro7 Germany has a bitrate only half as high) it looked just terrific. At the very beginning when the Discworld is shown in it's full beauty I just thought "Wow. That's how HD is supposed to look like. Thank you Pro7 for the first proper made transfer."

Is there a chance this TV prime time movie will be released on HD-DVD (as other Skyone and BBC movies)?

Would be great.

PS: I'm looking forward to 2008s Terry Pratchett movie "Colours Of Magic".
Old 12-25-2007, 05:57 PM

Unfortunately he has been ill of late. Hopefully the movie will be completed before his recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's consumes him.

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.c...chett-has.html
Old 12-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Holy shit. Why does this have to hit just only the best people? No one would care if Uwe Boll would suffer Alzheimer (and maybe forget about his job so that there won't be another Boll movie again ).

Hopefully his Alzheimer disease won't be too hard so that he will write a lot more books and live till the age of 105. He is one of my favorite autors (beside J.R.R Tolkien) and his works always were of very intelligent humor.

BTW: There is also a first theatrical movie in the planning stage. Director would be Sam Raimi.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:30 PM

This was a load of shit, confirmed by its ridiculous seven odd showings on Sky last Xmas. It pained me to seeing it being repeated this year like some Christmas classic, when it really is foul smelling shit of the highest order. They also had the cheek to put David Jason front and centre on the DVD cover, when he's hardly in the fucking thing. Dire, dire, dire!!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:32 PM

Oi!!! I'll have you know Uwe Boll is a very likeable guy he just makes Shit Movies

Although I have to say in one of his recent horrors there is a very HARD to watch scene, it's cringe worthy and not in the Usual Uwe Boll this is shit way... in a "I Shouldn't be watching this, I'm not feeling well"

I'd like to see the 10th Kingdom on HD
Old 12-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Oi!!! I'll have you know Uwe Boll is a very likeable guy he just makes Shit Movies

Although I have to say in one of his recent horrors there is a very HARD to watch scene, it's cringe worthy and not in the Usual Uwe Boll this is shit way... in a "I Shouldn't be watching this, I'm not feeling well"

I'd like to see the 10th Kingdom on HD
Why am I drawn to Bloodrayne 1 & 2? Is it the covers?!!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
This was a load of shit, confirmed by its ridiculous seven odd showings on Sky last Xmas. It pained me to seeing it being repeated this year like some Christmas classic, when it really is foul smelling shit of the highest order. They also had the cheek to put David Jason front and centre on the DVD cover, when he's hardly in the fucking thing. Dire, dire, dire!!
Lol. You sound like my mother. She said nearly the same things (but in a more pleasant way without using words like "shit", "shity", "fuck" etc. that often of course ).

BTW: Did you read the book or any other of Terry Pratchetts' works? The movie would've confused me too if I wouldn't be that great Terry Pratchett fan I am.

PS: Didn't Michelle Dockery look gorgeous in this movie? Much better than with her natural hair. I think she should colour her hair blonde and get some pretty shape into it. This way she would get as much roles as Keira Knightley or other female actors of her age.

EDIT: Here's the link to next years "Colours Of Magic" mini series.

http://www.skyoneonline.co.uk/tcom/

And look at the cast:

http://www.skyoneonline.co.uk/tcom/cast.htm

They certainly got the worst Rincewind you can get but the best Two Flowers I can imagine. Oh my god. I dreamed for years now to see Sean Astin in another great fantasy movie after his famous Lord Of The Rings Hollywood fantasy debut.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:07 AM

Coincidently I just started watching it again a few days ago and also thought the same about Michelle Dockery's hair.

Not holding out any hopes of seeing it on HD-DVD though as its a Fox title.

I've read all the books but its been quite a while since the ones with Rincewind and from what I can remember I thought he was in his thirties.

It'll be interesting to see how the do the luggage though.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 AM

Gosh. You're right. Forgot that it's a Fox title. So if it would be released it would do on Blu-Ray.

About Rincewind: I thought the same with he's in the thirties but looking closer in "Colours Of Magic" I suppose he's already much older. But still the actor isn't fitting that properly as I would imagine an old Rincewind but with a younger face.