Pan's Labyrinth qustion - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Pan's Labyrinth qustion

I just watched Pan's Labyrinth in HD-DVD format.
The PQ and AQ are awesome..
But the entire movie audio dialogue is coming in Spanish with english sub titles.
Is it correct or did i get the Spanish language version?
I bought this movie in BB B2G1 deal..
Old 12-25-2007, 11:16 AM

That's the way it should be.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:54 AM

Yeah, Pan's is a Spanish language film.

For goodness' sake, I hope there is never an English dubbed version....dubbing is so cheesy and ruins the whole mood of a film and ruins the original performance.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:04 PM

Agreed on the dubbing bit. This film has really made me want to get my mid surrounds connected. I just hope that if we get DST-MA 7.1 for Pan's Labyrinth that we get it for LOTR. Sure would make it worth the wait.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 AM

I heard somewhere awhile back that according to Guillermo del Toro the movie will never be released with English dubs and will remain Spanish only. One can only hope for that because it is an amazing movie just the way it is. I will definately be grabbing this one today.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
Agreed on the dubbing bit. This film has really made me want to get my mid surrounds connected. I just hope that if we get DST-MA 7.1 for Pan's Labyrinth that we get it for LOTR. Sure would make it worth the wait.
They were able to fit DTS 7.1 on the original discs. And if they have to span each of them across two discs, I still wouldn't mind that.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:37 AM

I know 'The Orphange' is only getting a limited release here and in the US (Out now in the US I think) but if you liked Pan's Go and see this Ghost Story... where Pan's makes references to Alice Through The Looking Glass, the Orphanage pulls Heavily on Peter Pan.

It's a great Ghost Story, yes you may guess some bits but I swear to you, the ending is JAW dropping.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
I know 'The Orphange' is only getting a limited release here and in the US (Out now in the US I think) but if you liked Pan's Go and see this Ghost Story... where Pan's makes references to Alice Through The Looking Glass, the Orphanage pulls Heavily on Peter Pan.

It's a great Ghost Story, yes you may guess some bits but I swear to you, the ending is JAW dropping.
The Orphanage comes out on the 28th here, but it's not coming to my town.

Why Guillermo has limited releases is beyond me, he does great films. They should be more widespread.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:44 AM

It's well worth seeing... I saw a Screening In London in August... there were a few places that totally had the audience jumping back in their seats... it's the usual Bang bang bang type knocks you get in horror movies but it was so well done

I'm normally one of the "Subtitled Muck... I read books not movies" types... but Pan's, District B13, The Orphanage and KM31 all changed my mind
Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I heard somewhere awhile back that according to Guillermo del Toro the movie will never be released with English dubs and will remain Spanish only.
I sure hope that's true. Stick to your guns on that one, del Toro!