What happened to The Scorpion King? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-23-2007, 02:15 PM

Default What happened to The Scorpion King?

I can't find this movie anywhere. I check Deep Discount.com (there is only one of these retail stores in existence and it is near my house ) and I can only order it from their website or do a special order at the store. Also, Best Buy does not carry it.

Wonder why you can't find it anymore.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM

Nothing has "happened" to it. It is still available from major retailers. It is just a case limited shelf real-estate. There are enough titles out there now that most B&M stores can only carry a limited sub-selection of titles, and some titles become hard to get in store, and Scorpion King is likely among those.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Nothing has "happened" to it. It is still available from major retailers. It is just a case limited shelf real-estate. There are enough titles out there now that most B&M stores can only carry a limited sub-selection of titles, and some titles become hard to get in store, and Scorpion King is likely among those.

Well, I know nothing "happened" to it, I figured it was still available. I just wondered why it was not readily available on the shelves.

You pretty much answered my question, thanks.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Amazon is your friend.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindibudd View Post
Amazon is your friend.
I do know of Amazon and have used it. But I will admit I am one of the odd ones who usually buy my High def movies from the store. I admit I do pay a little more for it, but I like the option for an easy exchange if needed.

However, I will buy online if I need to. For example, I bought the remastered version of Fifth Element from Amazon due to you cannot purchase that anywhere retail. I will also probably be doing the same with The Scorpion King.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Well if you cannot find the movie anywhere, then get it from Amazon. I just searched for it and there it is. Free shipping too.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:11 PM

My BB had a couple copies of Scorpion King when I was out doing some last minute Christmas shopping.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 PM

I've ordered the UK release, just out over here and a non-combo. All the extras moved across to the HD side. Snazzy!!