Why does Europe have different movies available?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Why does Europe have different movies available??

I'm in Canada, and I love HD. But as you have seen in my previous posts I think the HD camp is really dropping the ball lately. Anyway, I keep seeing people mentioning HD titles coming out in other regions such as T2. Why is T2 coming out in France and not NA?? There's been a few other good titles listed as well in here. I think something like T2 would help out our format a tad more than Beerfest. On a side note, my biggest gripe with the combo format discs is the freakin name......COMBO!!! What am I buying a happy meal?? They should put "Dual Format" on it in the HDdvd font and be done with it.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Different companies have distribution rights in different countries/regions.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:48 PM

A lot of info on which titles can be imported from where can be found in the following thread.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=3010

It is still a work in progress, so titles are still being added.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
A lot of info on which titles can be imported from where can be found in the following thread.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=3010

It is still a work in progress, so titles are still being added.
That thread is great, and a great help for many people that have a lot of questions for this stuff. You guys do a great job around here.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
That thread is great, and a great help for many people that have a lot of questions for this stuff. You guys do a great job around here.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:52 PM

I really had no idea about this!! So no region restrictions for HD? Is there anything I should watch out for?? I want some of the bigger titles such as Harry Potter 4 and T2.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loccus View Post
I really had no idea about this!! So no region restrictions for HD? Is there anything I should watch out for?? I want some of the bigger titles such as Harry Potter 4 and T2.
Harry Potter 4 is already available, Terminator 2 is shipping March 5th.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Harry Potter 4 is already available, Terminator 2 is shipping March 5th.
So Harry Potter 4 will be virtually identical to what will eventually come out here this summer?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
So Harry Potter 4 will be virtually identical to what will eventually come out here this summer?
Well, there is no releases date in the US, so all we can hope is that it will be released here this summer. But yeah, it is actually the US copy they are selling in Europe (even though the US release was delayed), complete with FBI warning.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Hi

I live in the UK and bought Harry Potter 4 and at the start of the HD DVD it has the FBI warning so I take it that it will be the same Disc as this seems to have been authored for the US