'Balls of Fury' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Balls of Fury' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's 'Balls of Fury' review is up. He says this HD DVD release boasts a striking video transfer and an above-average TrueHD audio track, but factoring in the slim supplements package and differing opinions of the film itself, he recommends previewing this one as a rental
before making a final purchase decision.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1176/ballsoffury.html
Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 AM

Kind of surprised it was rated that high. Never saw it in theaters, but I do love the Walken. Might give this one a rent.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 AM

Wow..impressive PQ score for a comedy..
and a 3.5/5 movie ratings! That's what peter gave Knocked Up as well..
sooo if this is as good as knocked up then I might have to get it!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 AM

I wanted to rent this but Blockbuster only got it only on DVD, can't bother watching this in SD.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 AM

Whoever reviews these is HORRIBLE with the movie score.

This and Knocked Up the same? Knocked Up was a fantastic movie (93 or something on rottentomatoes), while Balls of Fury has around a 10%.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 AM

Saw this in BB tonight at the Corona, CA store.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post

This and Knocked Up the same? Knocked Up was a fantastic movie (93 or something on rottentomatoes), while Balls of Fury has around a 10%.
I concur. Balls of Fury was one of the worst movies I ever saw. I know they're from different reviewers, but if this got the same as Knocked Up, and Chuck and Larry only got a 1 star? Come on. I think there needs to be some serious re-tooling in the movie review department.

It also got the same review (in stars) as Superbad. Horrible. This movie can't even hold Apatow's jock strap. I give the benefit of the doubt, and every has their own opinions, but this is the last straw for me. I will never be reading these reviews again.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 AM

I loved BoF, thought it was just a lot of fun. Would have picked it up today if it wasn't an expensive-ass combo.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Different reviewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsl141 View Post
I concur. Balls of Fury was one of the worst movies I ever saw. I know they're from different reviewers, but if this got the same as Knocked Up, and Chuck and Larry only got a 1 star? Come on. I think there needs to be some serious re-tooling in the movie review department.

It also got the same review (in stars) as Superbad. Horrible. This movie can't even hold Apatow's jock strap. I give the benefit of the doubt, and every has their own opinions, but this is the last straw for me. I will never be reading these reviews again.
While i agree with most of your points especially that this movie can't hold Apatow's jock strap, i think you need to realize that Superbad and Balls of Fury were reviewed by different people so it is hard to compare their movie ratings.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post

I has to do with personal taste also, if he likes the movie it get higher score than if he dislikes it...and taste cannot be discussed since it's diferent from person to person.