A minor complaint about Blade Runner set - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Default A minor complaint about Blade Runner set

I bought the Blade Runner HD briefcase and so far I've really enjoyed what I've seen. I've only scratched the surface of what the set has to offer, but there is one thing that has bother me since popping in disc two (Dangerous Days-The Making of Blade Runner doc). There are a few extras on the disc two other than the documentary, one such extra was labeled as trailers, I knew there were Blade Runner trailers on disc 4 so I was curious what Warner had thrown in on disc 2. Well, what they did was throw some inappropriate trailers onto that disc. They weren't inappropriate because of subject matter but because they had no business on this extremely well thought out collection. The trailers I remember seeing were for I Am Legend and Invasion plus three more I don't remember. I just think that putting those trailers on there cheapens this particular set. If they would have pulled a "Jackie Brown" and put old trailers like the Pam Grier and Robert Forester trailers like they did on that DVD I would of been thrilled. Instead they put trailers that are advertising movies that as we, fans of sci-fi, already know about. I know I'm overreacting about the these trailers, it's just upsetting that Warner came so close to making a perfect set and cheapened it with some ridiculous trailers. I've always thought that the Alien Quadrilogy was the holy grail of well produced DVD sets and Blade Runner came so close to matching that, if not for some ill-advised trailer placements.

Whew-rant over.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM

bear in mind that disc 2 is the same for all the new home video versions of "blade runner", including the two-disc cheapie set that warner thinks the vast majority of the public will buy. at least these trailers aren't front-loaded at the beginning of disc 1.