Is there some replacement program for faulty Matrix discs? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Is there some replacement program for faulty Matrix discs?

I just received the Ultimate Matrix collection on HD DVD, I found it as a fantastic price new on ebay.com.

I knew some/many have had problems with some discs with this release, but I took the chance anyway. But of course with my luck the Matrix reloaded disc just wouldn't load. It just spins down and return a error message (Using the 360 addon).

The seller haven't been very helpful so far either, he just states that he don't have any replacements, and thats that. Returning the item would of course also cost a good deal in shipping, I live in Norway and he's based in the US.

My question would then be if anyone know of any replacement program for faulty discs from Warner? As far as I know Warner in US don't send replacement discs to Europe, I'd have to contact my local Warner to get a replacement. Problem with that is that there is no European release of the Ultimate Matrix box set, so I wouldn't receive the same disc if I even got a replacement.

What are my possibilities in this situation? I did a search on the forums about this, but couldn't find a clear answer.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:48 PM

If I were you I would simply send it back and eat the cost of the shipping if need be. There doesnt seem to be any options for you on getting a replacment disc if the seller doesnt have any. If I were you I would keep on eye on that seller just to make sure he wasnt full of it in regards to not having another set but in the end it doesnt look good for you. Unfortunately that is the problem with ordering such thing from people on eBay. Next time you should discuss such things before making the purchase and only buy from eBay sellers that can either get you a replacment if you do have a problem or are very reputable in regards to fixing issues with shipments.

In the end simply scratch this up as a learning experience on eBay and get your money back and look for another set to purchase. Either that or sell the 2 individual films that do work on ebay, take that money and put it toward a new set.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Eject the disk and try again the 2nd and 3rd disks have newer AASC(sp?) keys so the player might need an update. Mine had issue but after an eject or addon power down all was fine. on the SA players they play fine.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachxp View Post
Eject the disk and try again the 2nd and 3rd disks have newer AASC(sp?) keys so the player might need an update. Mine had issue but after an eject or addon power down all was fine. on the SA players they play fine.
After trying about 30-40 times the disc actually played. It also played through the whole movie without any problems, I even tried with the PIP.

But after ejecting the disc, the same problem happened, the addon can't find the disc and so on. Is it an issue with the addon itself? I've had similar issues with combo discs before, some combos work without problems, while some are a pain in the ass. I hate this!

Would the disc most probably work with another player ?