What is Universal Doing? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-09-2007, 02:21 PM

Default What is Universal Doing?

Well I just read that Universal is releasing Children of Men which everyone knew already was coming and made one new announcement of The Forty Year Old Virgin for 3 months from now. Yes that gives me alot of confidence now that they have announced one new title out of 100 promised and it doesnt come out for 3 months. Any thoughts fellow HD DVD owners?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM

Well i agree but its early february and they can add titles whenever they please so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:26 PM

They also announced release dates last week for The Good Shepherd, The Nutty Professor and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The week before that was The Game and The Jerk. Say what you will about those 2 but more movies is a good thing.

I think they will continue to announce about 2-3 titles a week and with 52 weeks in the year that is over 100 titles. They are exactly on par with what they said they would be doing.

I think the HD DVD new release drought is just about over.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLORADOHDMAN View Post
Well I just read that Universal is releasing Children of Men which everyone knew already was coming and made one new announcement of The Forty Year Old Virgin for 3 months from now. Yes that gives me alot of confidence now that they have announced one new title out of 100 promised and it doesnt come out for 3 months. Any thoughts fellow HD DVD owners?
Well, just in the last couple of days, they officially announced "The Good Shephard", "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Children of Men", and these are in addition to other upcoming titles which have already been announced; "The Game", "The Game", "The Nutty Professor", "Hollywoodland" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Also they have already released "The Mummy Returns" this year.

Both the "The Good Shephard" and "Children of Men" are short term releases, they are coming out next month (March 27th from all the posts that I have read), so I don't find this all that disappointing and I think Universal has plenty of opportunity to release plenty more titles before the end of the year.

-Blurry