Lost Highway and Lust, Caution not getting HD DVD! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Lost Highway and Lust, Caution not getting HD DVD!

Universal has announced that Ang Lee's Lust, Caution will be released on February 19, 2008. David Lynch's Lost Highway will be released on DVD next March 25.

No HD DVD has been announced of either movie. Which is disappointing. During 2007 Universal was great at releasing independent and non-mainstream films, especially those from its Focus Features label (such as Lost in Translation or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

Come on, Universal!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM

They may be holding their HD DVD announcements until CES. I wouldn't read too much into this just yet.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

hasn't lost highway been on dvd for years?

edit: ahhh only released in region 2.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 PM

james schamus, the guy who runs focus, has been ang lee's long-time collaborator. david linde, who used to run good machine and focus with james schamus, is now one of the top dogs at universal. i'm hoping that there will be a late announcement for an hd dvd of "lust, caution", especially since universal has already released "hulk" and "brokeback mountain" on hd dvd.

maybe universal will release "ride with the devil" on hd dvd, too.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubert View Post
Universal has announced that Ang Lee's Lust, Caution will be released on February 19, 2008. David Lynch's Lost Highway will be released on DVD next March 25.

No HD DVD has been announced of either movie. Which is disappointing. During 2007 Universal was great at releasing independent and non-mainstream films, especially those from its Focus Features label (such as Lost in Translation or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

Come on, Universal!
HD or not, that is incredible news that Lost Highway is even announced for standard DVD. I love that movie and have kept my laserdisk player only to watch it.

Do you have a link to this news?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM

i have Lost Highway on DVD, i bought it used at fye. i can't recall if it's an import or not. i'll have to check
Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffeman View Post
i have Lost Highway on DVD, i bought it used at fye. i can't recall if it's an import or not. i'll have to check
It most likely is. I don't think there was ever an official US release of the film on DVD.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffeman View Post
The only version that I ever saw was terribly reviewed, they said it was on par with VHS quality and if I remember correctly it is pan and scanned.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
The only version that I ever saw was terribly reviewed, they said it was on par with VHS quality and if I remember correctly it is pan and scanned.
yea i remember watching it and noticing how bad it looked (been a long time since i've watched it). yea it was pan and scan. I just looked at the box and this one is a canadian release. [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by cliffeman; 12-12-2007 at 07:12 PM.