Chicago/EW&F HD DVD Playback Problems? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2007, 02:06 AM

Unhappy Chicago/EW&F HD DVD Playback Problems?

Hey all,

I was curious if anyone here has bought "Chicago/Earth Wind & Fire: Live at the Greek Theatre" on HD DVD yet and has tried playing it on an XBOX 360 HD DVD drive.

I got this in today from Amazon, and it won't play.

I first tried it at the Circuit City I work at on that XBOX360 HD DVD drive, and it would play the copyright warning, the Japanese screen, and the studio logo...then nothing.

So I tried it on our HD-A2 setup, and it worked just fine! (Looks and sounds incredible!!).

I was hoping that when I got home to try it out, that it would be okay, cause maybe it didn't work on the 360 because the one at work is right out of the box with no updates.

But I got home, and it did everything it did at work, but actually got to the main menu. That got me excited until I saw that none of the buttons were clickable and the first half-second of audio in the menu kept looping. My XBOX360 and the HD DVD drive are all up-to-date.

Anyone else have this problem, and know if there's something I can do to get it to work?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Hi. I'm new to the forums here. I am having the same issue with my 360 and this disc. What I did to get around it was hit the 'OK' button on the remote as soon as the menu screen appears. This SHOULD take you to the main program. From there(until MS issues some sort of update to resolve this problem) you will have to cycle through chapters one at a time. It's a pain, but at least you can view the program. It was an amazing concert. I've watched it several times.

I also found that I was able to get to the drum duel from the menu screen by pushing the 'right' nav button on the remote the appropriate number of times then hitting 'OK'. I believe it is the last selection to the right, so hit 'right' 3x the hit 'OK'.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the info. I am getting a 360 HD DVD drive and this is one of the HD DVD's I plan to get, I must admit I'm sorely disappointed this doesn't work easily with it.
How's the picture on it eddie?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Thanks for the info. I am getting a 360 HD DVD drive and this is one of the HD DVD's I plan to get, I must admit I'm sorely disappointed this doesn't work easily with it.
How's the picture on it eddie?
MS will almost certainly make a fix for it, I just hope they are aware there is a problem with this release so it gets addressed sooner.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Founding Member

I have to agree it is an amazing concert
Old 02-10-2007, 09:53 PM

PQ looks quite splendid on my 37" Westinghouse. I saw the show broadcast on HDNET or INHD once and the disc looks even better than what I remember seeing on TV.