On the Hunt: The "Omega Man" Chronicles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Default On the Hunt: The "Omega Man" Chronicles

Well it's another Tuesday, and if you support HD DVD and like older "classic" catalog titles that can mean only one thing---time to embark on the "thrill of the hunt"
yep that's right--time to feel like a second class hd citizen and see if you can get lucky. Well I started at BB and was briefly encouraged when I quickly spied 3 copies of "Omega Man." My excitement was short lived, however, as there was, of course, NONE in the HD DVD section. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
So once again, BB had gotten the Blu-Ray version of a Warner release, but not the HD DVD version on release day. NICE!
Anyway, I knew I could still count on my "last resort" standby--MOVIESTOP!
Unfortunately, it's about 30 minutes away from where I live, but they have NEVER let me down on release day. ever.
until today. FUCK!
They didn't get it in on EITHER format. unbelievable.
Anybody find this?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 PM

That's hilarious.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Anybody find this?
Yep, I find some copies at the Best Buy in Seekonk, MA... more HD DVD copies than Blu Ray, actually.

CC
Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM

Well I'm glad to hear that some people found one. I'm sure my BB will get them in by the end of the week. this is what usually happens.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Well it's another Tuesday, and if you support HD DVD and like older "classic" catalog titles that can mean only one thing---time to embark on the "thrill of the hunt"
yep that's right--time to feel like a second class hd citizen and see if you can get lucky. Well I started at BB and was briefly encouraged when I quickly spied 3 copies of "Omega Man." My excitement was short lived, however, as there was, of course, NONE in the HD DVD section. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
So once again, BB had gotten the Blu-Ray version of a Warner release, but not the HD DVD version on release day. NICE!
Unfortunately, it's about 30 minutes away from where I live, but they have NEVER let me down on release day. ever.
until today. FUCK!
Anybody find this?
I had the same problem with the BB by my work today, they had Omega Blu but no HD-DVD. It was on order. Same crap happened with Shrek............so I said forget it and my wife went to the BB by our house which had it in stock. Got the Frys price match and have the movie now for tonight, I usually order these off Amazon since catalog titles are only $20, but held off on this one hoping to get at a B&M.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Yeah I would love it a Fry's was near me, but unfortunately I think the closest one is about 100 miles.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Yeah I would love it a Fry's was near me, but unfortunately I think the closest one is about 100 miles.
Closest one from me is about 20+ miles, but the Best Buys in the Chicagoland area have been more lenient on price matching the last year due to heavy competition.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM

The BB web site says my store, here at the center of the known universe, aka Tupelo, MS, has it in stock on HD and BD.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 PM

This looks great on SD DVD, but I had to have the HD - Amazon should have it at my door tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
until today. FUCK!
Anybody find this?
Your not the only one. The same thing is happeing in my town too. At my best buy all they have is the blu version. Then I thought I try fye in the mall but no luck all they got is the blu version too. After, I also tried circuit city, and borders but they don't even carrie either version at all. It's come to the point where I will have to order off amazon. This is a joke.