Transformers Playback Issues Anyone? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Transformers Playback Issues Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone has had any playback issues with their Feature Disk 1 of Transformers?

Mine has been giving me trouble with random pauses, stutters and lockups. I have tried carefully cleaning my disk and have noticed some small white dots/pits on the surface of the disk. I would say maybe there are 10 of them. They are very very small.

The most trouble I have had occurs at 54 minutes 50 seconds into the movie. I get some severe stuttering and then the picture will pause while the counter still counts up. Sometimes it continues, other times not.

I have tried both 2.3 and 2.4 firmware versions with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 PM

No issues here. What player? Have you put the latest firmware on? Hope you get it fixed.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 PM

Whoops, I guess I could have mentioned my player! It is an HD-XA1. For what its worth, none of my other disks have this problem which leads me not to blame the player.

If nobody else has this problem, I think I might just go buy another one and see if it mis-behaves also, then I can start wondering about the player.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM

Exchange the disc...
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Exchange the disc...
Yeh, that sucks.... get a new one..... let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:01 PM

No problems here
Old 11-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Mine's good.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 PM

Thumbs down web-enabled feature problems

I have had a different (but quite irritating) problem with my Transformers feature disc... When I put the disc into either of my players (add-on or A2) and have the ethernet cable connected to the player, the movie freezes during the web-enabled feature update before it starts. I let it go one day to check it out how long it would go, left it for 4 hours, and still in the update section. So now when I play Transformers I have to unplug the ethernet cable to get it to play!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isteal View Post
I have had a different (but quite irritating) problem with my Transformers feature disc... When I put the disc into either of my players (add-on or A2) and have the ethernet cable connected to the player, the movie freezes during the web-enabled feature update before it starts. I let it go one day to check it out how long it would go, left it for 4 hours, and still in the update section. So now when I play Transformers I have to unplug the ethernet cable to get it to play!
On the Xbox 360, make sure that the Network Access is enable.

Also try to clean the Xbox 360 HD DVD Persistant Storage.

For your HD-A2, which firmware are you using ? If you have 2.7, then try to clean the Persistent Storage.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am guessing I will just have to go and exchange the thing. I got it from Amazon, so it will just a little bit bigger pain, but with no tax, 10% off and a lower price to start off with, I think I will still come out ahead.

Later.