A Look At Interactive Features On Harry Potter HD DVD! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Default A Look At Interactive Features On Harry Potter HD DVD!

via Crave.cnet. I know no-one cares about extras, but here's what you could do with the new disc if you really wanted to.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/dvdpvr/
Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
O_o

Yeah it is really great. I am highly anticipating this feature, I hope we can connect with players outside of our market. I would assume so.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:21 PM

sweet , im looking forward to playing with this

we should set up some sort of highdefdigest screening when it comes out
Old 11-23-2007, 03:28 PM

I think this is quite possibly the most pointless special feature I've ever heard of. Why would I want to watch a movie "with" people that I'm not actually watching it with? Emoticons and pre-programmed messages are just going to seem weird and out-of-place, rather than like a fluid interaction that you would have in person.

I'd much rather see all of the special features show up in 1080p than have goofiness like this.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:37 PM
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
sweet , im looking forward to playing with this

we should set up some sort of highdefdigest screening when it comes out
Sure, I would join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Grayson View Post
Why would I want to watch a movie "with" people that I'm not actually watching it with?
I'm sure someone said "Why would I want to chat, share pictures, and discuss things with people I don't know or am sitting next to?" when the idea was proposed to develop software to promote communication with random people online (message boards).

These type of community and virtual experiences probably appeal more to the core HP audience. And people like me, we love this stuff
Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonosis View Post
Sure, I would join.

I'm sure someone said "Why would I want to chat, share pictures, and discuss things with people I don't know or am sitting next to?" when the idea was proposed to develop software to promote communication with random people online (message boards).

These type of community and virtual experiences probably appeal more to the core HP audience. And people like me, we love this stuff
I get where he's comming from. They do things like this, then release 480i special features. I'd love to see the making of...or on set features and whatnot in HD vs interacting with someone in that way. That's one person's opinion however. BTW: I love how they say "nate doesn't want to watch a movie as scary as Harry potter alone." That made me chuckle.