Star Trek TOS playback problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Angry Star Trek TOS playback problems

Anyone experiencing problems with the first disc (the only one I've watched so far, so some of the others may be the same)?

At the about 37:43 minute mark of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (on the A2) I get a skipping picture and an error code of 408bc504. Also crashes PowerDVD and WinDVD on my laptop's drive at the same spot. The disc is clean with no scratches.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

You might want to exchange it, I haven't heard of any problems.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 AM

I haven't tried it on any of my stand alone players yet, but I had no problem watching the first two episodes on the first disc with my 360 add on.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
You might want to exchange it, I haven't heard of any problems.
I haven't heard of any either, this is more of a heads-up warning than anything. Returning is what I will do, but after I finish watching all of them. Getting a replacement from amazon is going to take a while, I suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I haven't tried it on any of my stand alone players yet, but I had no problem watching the first two episodes on the first disc with my 360 add on.
I had no problems with the first 2 episodes, either. Where No Man Has Gone Before is the 3rd on the disc. It's also the only one that has the PiP feature... related, maybe, but I hope not since there are several others that have PiP on the other discs.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:37 AM

I had that problem on my A3, but halfway though the third episode on the first disk. I didnít have the latest update at the time. I got the update and exchanged the disks just to be safe. Iím on the second disk now and no problems.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:09 AM

Currently have playback problem with disk 8 episode "Space Seed". Won't even start.
Will say that I'm totally amazed at the poor quality of product. Not the videos, but the pressing of the disks, and packaging. Had to remove fingerprints off disks. When I worked at a replication center, we had to wear gloves for packaging product...
Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 AM

Fingerprints, right out of the box??
Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
Anyone experiencing problems with the first disc (the only one I've watched so far, so some of the others may be the same)?

At the about 37:43 minute mark of "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (on the A2) I get a skipping picture and an error code of 408bc504. Also crashes PowerDVD and WinDVD on my laptop's drive at the same spot. The disc is clean with no scratches.
I have an A2 as well and have updated to 2.7. WNMHGB was the first episode I played in its entirety with and w/o starfleet access and had no problems.
If you have'nt already try the update first it might save you a return.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:50 AM

Unhappy Disc 7 Error Code 408bc504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinator View Post
Currently have playback problem with disk 8 episode "Space Seed". Won't even start.
Will say that I'm totally amazed at the poor quality of product. Not the videos, but the pressing of the disks, and packaging. Had to remove fingerprints off disks. When I worked at a replication center, we had to wear gloves for packaging product...
Well it happened to me too on my A2 up to date @2.7. Disc won't even play on the HD DVD side but it will play on the SD side.. go figure. I guess I am looking at a swap.

Word to the wise check all ten discs on both sides and make sure they at least load to the menus.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 AM

yes, expect fingerprints, loose discs, cracked trays, torn cardboard sleeves, etc.