Some release news from Universal - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
O_o

Thumbs up Elizabeth Golden Age/American Gangster on HD DVD Q1/Wanted/Hulk later

Universal also promised HD DVD releases of Elizabeth: The Golden age, The Kingdom, and American Gangster by Ridley Scott in Q1 next year, with other titled such as Incredible Hulk and Wanted coming later in the year.

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...existing.phtml
Old 11-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Some release news from Universal

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...existing.phtml

The comments came as Universal showed off the new interactive features for "Bourne Ultimatum", available in the UK from 10th December, which will give consumers the chance to get additional content to the movie from the web direct on their TV.

"What's great is that we will be able to add new content via the web-enabled discs even after you've bought the HD DVD, be that new trailers or extra content", said Steve Collins, head of marketing for HD DVD at Universal Studios.

"It's something we never had with DVD. Better still it will be available to all HD DVD player owners as this has been a prerequisite from the beginning."

Other features for Bourne will include extra information such as GPS maps, information about the guns used, and additional information all while the movie is playing.

Universal also promised HD DVD releases of Elizabeth: The Golden age, The Kingdom, and American Gangster by Ridley Scott in Q1 next year, with other titled such as Incredible Hulk and Wanted coming later in the year.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Good to hear. Universal has been kinda quiet as of late, but it is good to know that they have big plans in store for HD DVD owners.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 PM

I know, so many good movies coming down the pipeline. I especially want "The Golden Age".
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
O_o

Me too Blurry, I enjoyed the first film and Golden looks good. It will be a blind buy for me. And I agree Shark, your more recent thread should be merged into this one.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantfoot08 View Post
Good to hear. Universal has been kinda quiet as of late, but it is good to know that they have big plans in store for HD DVD owners.
They really havent been quite. They have been steadily releasing alot of films ever since they got back in the game earlier this year. While it may seem like they have been quite as of late that simply isnt the case as they are literally kicking other studios butts in regards to how many films thay have brought to HD DVD.

Maybe with all of the news recently being on big events like Paramount and Dreamworks going HD DVD exclusive and on big releases like Transformers and such Universal may appear to be quite however that just isnt the case. They have released more films on HD than any other studio and not by a small margin. Comparing studios like Fox, Disney, MGM, and even Sony to Universal shows just how dominant they have been in regards to content and that hasnt changed at all in the last few months.

Blu Ray may have more studios but HD DVD has the best studios in regards to how much effort they are putting into HD.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheatreFreak View Post
Comparing studios like Fox, Disney, MGM, and even Sony to Universal shows just how dominant they have been in regards to content and that hasnt changed at all in the last few months.

Blu Ray may have more studios but HD DVD has the best studios in regards to how much effort they are putting into HD.
...And that's why if Warner ever went HD DVD exclusive, Bluray would be in serious trouble. Warner has basically carried that format the entire year except for maybe 6 - 7 "big" releases. (at least if you go by boxoffice)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantfoot08 View Post
Hell they kind of blew their wad earlier this year releasing a ton of catalog titles.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktooth View Post
...And that's why if Warner ever went HD DVD exclusive, Bluray would be in serious trouble. Warner has basically carried that format the entire year except for maybe 6 - 7 "big" releases. (at least if you go by boxoffice)
Oh i agree and dream for the day that this becomes a reality.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Universal really delivers quality product. I cannot wait to see what else they release in 2008 (and beyond).