blockbuster.com not showing any HD-DVD? Y ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 AM

Default blockbuster.com not showing any HD-DVD? Y ?

Guys do you know why blockbuster.com not renting HD-DVD titles online ? I just bought HD DVD player, Now I think I might have to move to Netflix or Hollywood local stores for HD DVD rentals...
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 AM

http://www.blockbuster.com/browse/co...s/hdDvdPackage

Just for future reference: it's HD DVD, not HD-DVD.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
http://www.blockbuster.com/browse/co...s/hdDvdPackage

Just for future reference: it's HD DVD, not HD-DVD.
Thanks, Actually now i see with your link, its under collections tab. If you see left frame menu, they made a special link for Blu Ray and none for HD DVD so i got confused. I think i should send a mail to their helpdesk to explicitly specify HD DVD just as Blu Ray
Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan2004m View Post
Guys do you know why blockbuster.com not renting HD-DVD titles online ? I just bought HD DVD player, Now I think I might have to move to Netflix or Hollywood local stores for HD DVD rentals...
I have Blockbuster, and Netflix.

Last time I checked you can rent HD DVDs through Blockbuster. You have to click on >Movie Collections< and then scroll down a bit for <HD DVD>.

But if you want guaranteed HD DVD collection, and with all new releases to come out on time of date release for rent, I'd go with Netflix.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:11 AM

Default HD DVD and Blockbuster

They don't always list all there available HD DVD's in the collection area. Your best bet is to type the title of the movie you are interested in and then click on the "all editions" tab. If there is an HD version, it will show there.

However, Netflix is the better option for more available HD DVD's. Some examples of HD movies avaialable on Netflix but not Blockbuster are "A Broken Heart", "Talk to Me" and "The Sopranos" season six part two.

Hope this helped.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM

Isn't Blockbuster still owned by Sony? That may explain their predilection towards Blu-Ray.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jough View Post
Isn't Blockbuster still owned by Sony? That may explain their predilection towards Blu-Ray.
When were they owned by Sony?

They used to be owned by Viacom (the parent company of Paramount)