'Into the Wild' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
PeterB

Default 'Into the Wild' -- pre-release buzz

Just in time for Oscar season, Paramount has announced the Sean Penn drama for February 12:

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/intothewild.html

Specs include 1080p/VC-1 video and only English Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 Surround (sorry, no high-res audio).

Extras are also slim, with only a pair of featurettes and the trailer.

MSRP is $39.98.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

(movie details & ratings)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0758758/
(trailer)
http://www.trailerfan.com/movie/into_the_wild/trailer

Looks interesting.
It's ready to save in your Netflix too.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 PM

DVDEmpire has the front and back cover up

Old 12-21-2007, 10:07 AM

this was a good movie, I had read the book and then saw it in the theaters, this has the potential to be a great looking movie in terms of PQ and it has a great soundtrack too!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ44q View Post
this was a good movie, I had read the book and then saw it in the theaters, this has the potential to be a great looking movie in terms of PQ and it has a great soundtrack too!
thanx for the info, i may have to get this movie..
Old 12-21-2007, 10:10 AM

Default I hate those feet!

What's with the little display feet on the cover box? I have one case with those stupid display feet on it, and I absolutely hate it...I realizes it's nit-picking but they looks so stupid.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerdo24 View Post
What's with the little display feet on the cover box? I have one case with those stupid display feet on it, and I absolutely hate it...I realizes it's nit-picking but they looks so stupid.
What are you talking about? I'm
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM

A great film. The extras may look a bit thin, but if some work has gone into them they may be quite interesting. Shame about the lack of a commentary though.

This along with Zodiac: Directors Cut (and the region free aspect) are why I've finally plumped to go red this Christmas.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerdo24 View Post
It amazes me how many people sit and actually stare at their hd dvd cases and get bothered by how they look. Cover art, disc art, and now this. In actuality, the only thing that people should really gripe about would be if for some reason the spine was really messed up or illegible. This is the only part of the dvd that is displayed for extended periods of time, at least in my household. I don't know many people that display dvds with the cover showing. People complaining about things that are only visible for the limited amount of time that it takes for the disc to be inserted into the drive, are retarded.

I also loved the book, but haven't seen the movie. Might blind buy this one.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 AM

i haven't seen this yet, but i really want to.

blind buy for me for sure.