'Star Trek: The Original Series - The Complete Second Season' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM
PeterB

Default 'Star Trek: The Original Series - The Complete Second Season' -- pre-release buzz

Paramount has apparently alerted retailers to a March 25, 2008, release date for 'Star Trek: The Original Series - The Complete Second Season'

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/startrektos_s2.html

No specs yet, but fans who have gotten a taste of the release at the recent theatrical previews of 'Season One' say to expect the same remastered video and audio, and more never-before-seen extras.

We'll keep you posted as soon as final specs and pricing are announced.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Thats cool to hear although I am not suprised.. Paramount seems to have remastered all the episodes at the same time...

As i have been watching reruns on a local HD Channel I have thats been airing the HD version episodes with the new music and effects and its not just been Season 1 episodes latter seasons as well have this content..
Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts77 View Post
Thats cool to hear although I am not suprised.. Paramount seems to have remastered all the episodes at the same time...

As i have been watching reruns on a local HD Channel I have thats been airing the HD version episodes with the new music and effects and its not just been Season 1 episodes latter seasons as well have this content..
I sold my TOS DVDs yesterday...they were nice but I only watched like one episode (the infamous one which hasn't been shown in Germany/Switzerland or Austria)...

Still don't know if I should buy this one...
Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 PM

My word... I just hope Paramount has time to put The Ghost and The Darkness on HD DVD, sometime soon.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM

Star Trek is going up against the Die Hard trilogy and I don't think it has a chance with its high price tag. Despite the hefty price I would've bought this for my Dad, he loves the original. Damn Paramount, they just lost millions when they went exclusive.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM

I am going to get it and season 1, I cant wait to see it. I know at least 10 other that are getting season 1.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:14 PM

I hope blockbuster will rent these out..want to check em out before i buy.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
I hope blockbuster will rent these out..want to check em out before i buy.
Is't blockbuster completely blu? At least in north america? It'd be nice if they would go purple, I think they choose a touch soon, but that's just my opinion.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markers View Post
I sold my TOS DVDs yesterday...they were nice but I only watched like one episode (the infamous one which hasn't been shown in Germany/Switzerland or Austria)...

Still don't know if I should buy this one...
I never knew there was such an episode, which one was that?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Is't blockbuster completely blu? At least in north america? It'd be nice if they would go purple, I think they choose a touch soon, but that's just my opinion.
Nope. They have always been purple, however they have expanded Blu-ray in significantly more stores. The BDA has tried to make it sound like Blockbuster went exclusively Blue, but this is simply misinformation.

They have always been Purple online providing almost all available HD DVD titles. Additionally, they have a number of key stores across the US which also rent HD DVDs (I think I heard that there are ~800 stores which carry HD DVD), including one in the town where I live (though I rent all of my HD DVDs online anyways, so I have not used that store).

It is true that they support Blu-ray more than HD DVD (in stores - online it is equal), but they are by no means exclusive.