How to order HD DVD imports?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2007, 03:02 PM

Default How to order HD DVD imports??

hey, does anybody know if there is a way to translate the french amazon.com into english like you can with amazon japan? i dont speak french and i would like to pre-order Terminator2 hd dvd, as well as buy hd dvd imports in the future.

also, what are some good sites to buy hd dvd imports.
thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM

You can use babelfish to translate the page for you if you can't get through the page. I know that HD Movie Source and XploitedCinema both sell imports also and are located in the U.S.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 PM

I would recommend using exploited cinema (haven't checked to see if T2 is available for pre-order, but I'm sure they will carry it when it becomes available). Their prices usually end up being better than directly importing from another country.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post
You can use babelfish to translate the page for you if you can't get through the page. I know that HD Movie Source and XploitedCinema both sell imports also and are located in the U.S.
can you elaborate on babelfish? thanks
Old 01-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelplayer View Post
hey, does anybody know if there is a way to translate the french amazon.com into english like you can with amazon japan? i dont speak french and i would like to pre-order Terminator2 hd dvd, as well as buy hd dvd imports in the future.

also, what are some good sites to buy hd dvd imports.
thanks in advance
It is not too difficult to order from Amazon France:

1. Go to amazon.fr
2. Choose "DVD" from "Rechercher"
3. Type HD DVD into the search text box and hit return

You should get around 60 results, a lot of the titles are in English and those that aren't you can look at the box cover to some degree.

To add an item to your cart, go to the item and click on "Ajouter au panier"

If you have a US account, then you can log in with it an it will remember your address and credit card options, so it is pretty straightforward ordering.

FOr currency conversion, us: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Actually, I think in general, even with shipping it is slighlty less to order from Amazon.fr and there is more choice. But XPloited.com is certainly slightly easier.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM

well, i just pre-ordered terminator 2 on amazon france... i hope i did it right lol
Old 01-31-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
well, i just pre-ordered terminator 2 on amazon france... i hope i did it right lol
Don't worry, I live in the UK and I've got myself Rambo: First Blood from the Amazon.fr, I've bought most of my films from the US, so I just copied everything I did in the US one into the French one and it worked fine.

I'll have a go at the Japanese Amazon as I might get Equlibrium from them, using Babelfish
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick2006 View Post
I would recommend using exploited cinema (haven't checked to see if T2 is available for pre-order, but I'm sure they will carry it when it becomes available). Their prices usually end up being better than directly importing from another country.
Oh wow they have total recal for only $32.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 AM

at japanese amazon, there is a button to click in the product description to turn the whole page into english
Old 02-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
at japanese amazon, there is a button to click in the product description to turn the whole page into english
Actually the whole page doesn't translate into English which kind of sucks. It's only bits and pieces of it.