Face/Off... - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,791
Default Face/Off...

Just got it from Best Buy and am watching it right now. The picture quality and sound are amazing, especially the sound!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:19 PM
tsl141's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Just got it from Best Buy and am watching it right now. The picture quality and sound are amazing, especially the sound!
I watched it yesterday, first time I ever saw it. The PQ was good, but the plot was bleh.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsl141 View Post
I watched it yesterday, first time I ever saw it. The PQ was good, but the plot was bleh.
Of course it is! That's beside the point. LOL. It's my first Paramount HD DVD. Gotta support them and give 'em reason to stick with HD DVD. I also picked up Bourne Supremacy tonight as well, so now all I need is Ultimatum once it comes out since Identity came with my A3 in the box.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Arkadin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,401
Default

I saw this in the theater and absolutely hated it. I'm trying to decide whether I should give it another chance.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I saw this in the theater and absolutely hated it. I'm trying to decide whether I should give it another chance.
I'd only seen it once before today and that was on TV years ago. However, I did read HDD's review of it recently and it's hard to avoid it since it's reference quality.

And seeing as how I hated Transformers and refuse to watch Shrek the Turd, I wanted to at least get one Paramount title. Everything else I have is WB or Universal.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Arkadin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,401
Default

Yeah I picked up "Pride and Prejudice" today because people say it looks really good and I've never seen it. I want to support Paramount, but i don't know whether I should wait for the next good release from them. My collection is like 95% Warner. They are by far my favorite motion picture studio. 20th Century Fox is probably next, but they don't like releasing catalog titles obviously.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Yeah I picked up "Pride and Prejudice" today because people say it looks really good and I've never seen it. I want to support Paramount, but i don't know whether I should wait for the next good release from them. My collection is like 95% Warner. They are by far my favorite motion picture studio. 20th Century Fox is probably next, but they don't like releasing catalog titles obviously.
Yeah Warner is my #1 thanks to the current Batman franchise. Also, they've put out lots of other kickass stuff through the years, including one of my faves from last year The Departed. And they co-produced Zodiac and The Prestige, two of my other recent faves. Speaking of Zodiac, THAT is a Paramount release that we should all be looking forward to. The thing wasn't even shot on film, so it should look INCREDIBLE. It's basically the live action equivalent of Shrek or Ratatouille, etc. Straight digital to digital conversion.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:02 PM
mrkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I saw this in the theater and absolutely hated it. I'm trying to decide whether I should give it another chance.
what?! are you serious ? Face/Off is one of the best action films ever made, some of the plot may be stupid but overall (cast, acting, direction, editing) its excellent!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Dark Lord Greg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Just got it from Best Buy and am watching it right now. The picture quality and sound are amazing, especially the sound!
yea sound is really great, did you notice the kinda bad video quality from the beginning to right when Troy gets to the airport? I noticed alot of white speckles in the scenes but from that point on it look phenomenal and the sound blows me too. Great pick up for me and my 5th or 6th Paramount/Dreamsworks title
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Dark Lord Greg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Yeah Warner is my #1 thanks to the current Batman franchise. Also, they've put out lots of other kickass stuff through the years, including one of my faves from last year The Departed. And they co-produced Zodiac and The Prestige, two of my other recent faves. Speaking of Zodiac, THAT is a Paramount release that we should all be looking forward to. The thing wasn't even shot on film, so it should look INCREDIBLE. It's basically the live action equivalent of Shrek or Ratatouille, etc. Straight digital to digital conversion.
really Zodiac was shot all digital? I couldnt tell I got my copy from TorrentSpy but will definately pick it up on HD DVD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Face/Off' - pre-release buzz Staffyman HD DVD Software General Discussion 120 11-06-2007 08:57 PM
Troy: Director's Cut HD DVD review (Also Face/Off SCE DVD review)! mrkiller HD DVD Software General Discussion 5 09-10-2007 10:00 PM
'Face/Off' - pre-release buzz jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 26 08-23-2007 02:58 PM
Face off now Oct 30th Glenmulder HD MOVIE SOURCE 7 08-17-2007 01:33 PM
Who's gonna get Face Off? bone crusher Blu-ray Software General Discussion 10 05-05-2007 08:16 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off