If you are participating in Buy Day, please read: - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM

Default If you are participating in Buy Day, please read:

I think it's a great idea, and a chance for us to support our format! I've Dugg the original thread in hopes of drawing more attention to it. If you're supporting HD DVD on Buy Day, click the following link and Digg the article so that we can help spread the word!

Digg It!

Sorry for posting this as a separate thread, but I wanted it to gain some attention.

And to make this a legitimate thread (albeit another buy day one), Do you think Buy Day will make any difference in sales?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calereneau View Post
I think it's a great idea, and a chance for us to support our format! I've Dugg the original thread in hopes of drawing more attention to it. If you're supporting HD DVD on Buy Day, click the following link and Digg the article so that we can help spread the word!

Digg It!

Sorry for posting this as a separate thread, but I wanted it to gain some attention.

And to make this a legitimate thread (albeit another buy day one), Do you think Buy Day will make any difference in sales?
Sounds great but how about we use the whole week. November 26-30 and make it a buy week. Also, I have heard rumors about good deals on Hd dvds if that happens i might start a week earlier.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Sounds great but how about we use the whole week. November 26-30 and make it a buy week. Also, I have heard rumors about good deals on Hd dvds if that happens i might start a week earlier.
Great idea, but the 27th is the big day. And I'm keeping it marked.

I will buy HDs throughout that week.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Anybody else think it's Sony behind the fact that Digg shuts down 30 minutes after I dugg this?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

I'm not trying to bump this thread at all, but I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

If you go to Digg.com, the site works. If you click on any article it works. I've tried over 20 different articles and they all work. However, if you click on the link I've provided above, it says that digg.com is down for maintenance.

Does this happen with anyone else? Is there a Digg/Blu-ray conspiracy theory brewing?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM

dugg and commented, will pick up at least 1 hd dvd on 27, The Kingdom
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calereneau View Post
I'm not trying to bump this thread at all, but I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

If you go to Digg.com, the site works. If you click on any article it works. I've tried over 20 different articles and they all work. However, if you click on the link I've provided above, it says that digg.com is down for maintenance.

Does this happen with anyone else? Is there a Digg/Blu-ray conspiracy theory brewing?
This is what I see when I went there
Quote:
HD DVD Supporters Unite! HD DVD Buy Day - Novemeber 27th, 2007
In support of their format, fans of HD DVD are organizing a "buy day" in which they will buy as many HD DVDs that their budget allows.
The goal: help HD DVD win it's first Nielson sales week of 2007! If you support the HD DVD format, please consider participating in this important, fan-driven event!

Submitted: 23 hr 17 min ago
Submitter: audiooverflow (news: submissions, diggs, comments)
Topic: News Entertainment Movies Source: forums.highdefdigest.com
Share:Share
Bury It:Bury
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah, it's working for me now at work. Maybe my home computer was just giving me problems.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 PM

I dug it.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Great idea we will be offering 5% off all week.