If you are participating in Buy Day, please read: - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
calereneau's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 376
Default If you are participating in Buy Day, please read:

I think it's a great idea, and a chance for us to support our format! I've Dugg the original thread in hopes of drawing more attention to it. If you're supporting HD DVD on Buy Day, click the following link and Digg the article so that we can help spread the word!

Digg It!

Sorry for posting this as a separate thread, but I wanted it to gain some attention.

And to make this a legitimate thread (albeit another buy day one), Do you think Buy Day will make any difference in sales?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
hd4me's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calereneau View Post
I think it's a great idea, and a chance for us to support our format! I've Dugg the original thread in hopes of drawing more attention to it. If you're supporting HD DVD on Buy Day, click the following link and Digg the article so that we can help spread the word!

Digg It!

Sorry for posting this as a separate thread, but I wanted it to gain some attention.

And to make this a legitimate thread (albeit another buy day one), Do you think Buy Day will make any difference in sales?
Sounds great but how about we use the whole week. November 26-30 and make it a buy week. Also, I have heard rumors about good deals on Hd dvds if that happens i might start a week earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Sounds great but how about we use the whole week. November 26-30 and make it a buy week. Also, I have heard rumors about good deals on Hd dvds if that happens i might start a week earlier.
Great idea, but the 27th is the big day. And I'm keeping it marked.

I will buy HDs throughout that week.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-15-2007, 12:19 AM
calereneau's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 376
Default

Anybody else think it's Sony behind the fact that Digg shuts down 30 minutes after I dugg this?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
calereneau's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 376
Default

I'm not trying to bump this thread at all, but I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

If you go to Digg.com, the site works. If you click on any article it works. I've tried over 20 different articles and they all work. However, if you click on the link I've provided above, it says that digg.com is down for maintenance.

Does this happen with anyone else? Is there a Digg/Blu-ray conspiracy theory brewing?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Dark Lord Greg's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

dugg and commented, will pick up at least 1 hd dvd on 27, The Kingdom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calereneau View Post
I'm not trying to bump this thread at all, but I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

If you go to Digg.com, the site works. If you click on any article it works. I've tried over 20 different articles and they all work. However, if you click on the link I've provided above, it says that digg.com is down for maintenance.

Does this happen with anyone else? Is there a Digg/Blu-ray conspiracy theory brewing?
This is what I see when I went there
Quote:
HD DVD Supporters Unite! HD DVD Buy Day - Novemeber 27th, 2007
In support of their format, fans of HD DVD are organizing a "buy day" in which they will buy as many HD DVDs that their budget allows.
The goal: help HD DVD win it's first Nielson sales week of 2007! If you support the HD DVD format, please consider participating in this important, fan-driven event!

Submitted: 23 hr 17 min ago
Submitter: audiooverflow (news: submissions, diggs, comments)
Topic: News Entertainment Movies Source: forums.highdefdigest.com
Share:Share
Bury It:Bury
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 PM
calereneau's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 376
Default

Yeah, it's working for me now at work. Maybe my home computer was just giving me problems.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
james's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,135
Default

I dug it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Glenmulder's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Sounds great but how about we use the whole week. November 26-30 and make it a buy week. Also, I have heard rumors about good deals on Hd dvds if that happens i might start a week earlier.
Great idea we will be offering 5% off all week.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on actors not participating on supplements for their movies. Boston007 Blu-ray Software General Discussion 6 12-21-2013 06:37 PM
Please be Quake 5, please be Quake 5, please be Quake 5.... Favelle Game Room 12 07-25-2012 12:21 AM
If You Could ONLY Buy HDM Titles - Would You Have Jumped In? READ OP! Lee Stewart High Definition Smackdown 76 12-28-2008 12:21 AM
Anyone else RED... but still not participating? Adam4tvs High Definition Smackdown 12 11-20-2007 03:21 PM
SONY SONY BD/DVD/CD Burner - 48x (CD Read) / 16x (DVD Read) - USB 2.0 - External Silvers24 Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 2 11-07-2007 03:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off