Clockwork Orange audio problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Clockwork Orange audio problem

Has anyone else had audio problems with "A Clockwork Orange" on HD DVD?

The audio stops working in the middle of chapter 16, right as Alex starts imagining himself torturing Jesus and such. The audio just cuts out completely at that point and I have to fast forward and rewind a bunch to get it to start up again.

The same thing happens on both Dolby True-HD and "English" audio tracks... and it also happens when listening to the audio commentary.

I am having the disc replaced, but I was wondering if anyone else had any problems.

UPDATE: I updated the firmware to 2.7 and it started giving me an error and stopping playback, so I initialized the player and did a reset and it is now working without issue. I also set the audio out to PCM.

UPDATE 2: I spoke too soon... the problem is still there.

Last edited by IceNine; 11-13-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Has anyone else had audio problems with "A Clockwork Orange" on HD DVD?

The audio stops working in the middle of chapter 16, right as Alex starts imagining himself torturing Jesus and such. The audio just cuts out completely at that point and I have to fast forward and rewind a bunch to get it to start up again.

The same thing happens on both Dolby True-HD and "English" audio tracks... and it also happens when listening to the audio commentary.

I am having the disc replaced, but I was wondering if anyone else had any problems.
I had a problem at that exact same part, but instead the disc just stalls and tries to read but then goes to an error screen.

I got a replacement from Amazon, but I haven't watched it yet.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
I had a problem at that exact same part, but instead the disc just stalls and tries to read but then goes to an error screen.

I got a replacement from Amazon, but I haven't watched it yet.
Damn it!

I hope that the new one works better...

What player do you have? I have an HD-XA2.

Edit: oh, I see your player in your signature.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 AM

Updating to the new firmware did not help... it actually made it worse. Now I am getting error 408bc504 at the point when the audio stopped before.

Chapter 17, actually... I was wrong earlier.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:14 AM

UPDATE: I initialized the player and did a reset and it is now working without issue. I also set the audio out to PCM.

It is now working without issue.

UPDATE 2: I spoke too soon... the problem is still there.

Last edited by IceNine; 11-13-2007 at 01:44 PM.