The Bourne Identity, different cuts / versions on HD ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 AM

Default The Bourne Identity, different cuts / versions on HD ?

There are actually two versions of the movie The Bourne Identity :

European version : features an additional, funny dinner scene at the farmhouse (available in the french R2 & R4 discs)

US / UK version : the scene is deleted, but you can hear the director talk about the other version being available, in the audio commentary.

Note : an extended, rough cut of the scene is included in the bonus features of all the releases. The "final" version included inside the movie plays much better.

Below are screencaps from the french R2 disc of that scene.

So, does the forthcoming UK release or French release on HD includes the longer cut of the movie ? I assume the american disc does not. Please post in this thread if you got a review copy.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Intriguing.
I happen to order the UK trilogy, yesterday, but I didn't know about that before.

Maybe the UK version will include the scene, what other reason is there else for not being released in Europe until now.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I'm still waiting for news on the US trilogy. We're about a month away w/no info. I see there's no box art for the trilogy on amazon uk.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:24 AM

There is a cover art of the UK release, just not on amazon.co.uk
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=66120
Old 11-10-2007, 03:06 PM

Well I guess I'm gonna hold out on the US version. The box for the R1 trilogy is sweet so I'm hoping we get the same thing for the HD trilogy.