'Chuck & Larry' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Chuck & Larry' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.' He says this HD DVD/DVD combo release delivers on the bottom line, featuring solid-enough video and audio, but between the movie itself and the wafer-thin extras on this disc, he says this one's a rental at best.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1106/...kandlarry.html
Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 PM

LOL - 1/5 for the Movie Itself!

My brother seemed to think it was really good when he saw it in the theatre but it never interested me.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Banned

Normally this would be the point where I point out everything wrong with the review, but I seem to just get modded for it and have no real reason to type it out anymore.

1 stars for this is a joke.. this movie was great.. then again if you didnt like a classic like Scary Movie..

Guess my gang of friends when we watched it had to pause the movie on david spades two cameo's wasn't funny enough..
Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 PM

You know I understand fat, gay, and sexist jokes are NOT PC in anyway. But seriously they make a large majority of people laugh. And giving a movie 1/5 stars just because it doesn't agree with your standards, isn't really fair. It's like giving all those old school sci fi movies 5 stars, while a lot of other people could give a sh*t less about them.

~G
Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM

yeah it's reviews like this that make me skip the review portion of the movie itself and just look at the star rating for audio and video to determine whether or not i really want to buy the movie. Cus I already like the movie..and i think the reviewer needs to get his ego out of his reviews that he's too good to review movies that aren't "P.C."
~G
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

To put this in the same category as

The Wicker Man
Norbit
Black Christmas

Is such a joke.. I mean come on. why?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
To put this in the same category as

The Wicker Man
Norbit
Black Christmas

Is such a joke.. I mean come on. why?
I agree, this movie was at most 3.5 and enjoyable.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspin2k1 View Post
You know I understand fat, gay, and sexist jokes are NOT PC in anyway. But seriously they make a large majority of people laugh. And giving a movie 1/5 stars just because it doesn't agree with your standards, isn't really fair. It's like giving all those old school sci fi movies 5 stars, while a lot of other people could give a sh*t less about them.

~G
Ok, but what if he just didn't laugh? Is he supposed to heap praise on it just because it's "NOT PC"? That doesn't automatically make it a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspin2k1 View Post
yeah it's reviews like this that make me skip the review portion of the movie itself and just look at the star rating for audio and video to determine whether or not i really want to buy the movie. Cus I already like the movie..and i think the reviewer needs to get his ego out of his reviews that he's too good to review movies that aren't "P.C."
~G
I'm not seeing his "ego" in there anywhere; it reads to me like he just thinks the movie sucks. Is he supposed to say it's funny even if he doesn't think it is?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM

Agreed, I saw the 1 and was like whaaaaaaaaat? I mean its not the greatest comdy ever, but I laughed a bit, smerked here and there, overall had a good time. I would def watch it again, so a 1 is just uncalled for.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 PM

I have to agree with Peter on this one. But "1 1/2" star may be even too kind.