Poseidon disk problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Poseidon disk problem

I purchase Poseidon from Bestbuy a week ago and when I stuck it into my 360's HD DVD it never eventually spin up. I place my copy of Waterworld in the Drive and it work find.

I took the disk back to Bestbuy and exchange for another copy. This copy work find.

I am curious if this one time problem or anybody else has experence bad disks like this. None of my other HD disk had any problems in my collection.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:26 PM

First time ive heard of that.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:45 AM

Well I have an HD-XA1 player, and I had one freaky thing happen with Poseidon. Not sure if it was because of the Movie or if my player was just being temperamental, although I never experienced this before. I was watching the movie, needed to pause, I hit the pause on my control, didn't work. I thought frig, batteries must have went dead, got 4 AAA put them into the controller, and nothing. Batteries were brand new, they I tryed the controls on my actual player, and anything I pressed was not working, stop, power, yet the movie continued to play. I had to literally pull the plug from the player, repower and then everything was fine. Haven't had the problem since.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeeswish View Post
Well I have an HD-XA1 player, and I had one freaky thing happen with Poseidon.
I have an XA1 as well and, unfortunately, Poseidon (a Netflix rental) played perfectly or me. Well, I guess it wasn't the worst movie I've ever watched, but I'm glad I only wasted a spot in the Netflix Q on it.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:29 AM

watched it in my 360, no issues, unless you call falling asleep in an action movie an issue.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

I played it on my Xbox 360 and in TrueHD mode I will get "scratching" noises on several occasions during the movie. These are not present on the Dolby Digital Plus track. I dont know if this problem is unique for the 360 or if it's present on the Toshiba players if the TrueHD track is chosen.