Anchor Bay Entertaiment - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Anchor Bay Entertaiment

Does anyone know if this company will be supporting HD DVD? I hope at somepoint they do as they have some great classic stuff!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingproof73 View Post
Does anyone know if this company will be supporting HD DVD? I hope at somepoint they do as they have some great classic stuff!
Good question. Almost every single one of my favorite horror movies were put out by them.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:26 PM

I know!!! They have some of the best horror films!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 PM

They made my SD DVD of Time Bandits. I'd Get that on HD if they released it. <_<
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM

Anchor Bay, Synapse, Dark Sky Films: All three of these companies should release on HD DVD. I know that each company does High-Def transfers of their films on SD DVD.

Anchor Bay titles I'd get in HD: Evil Dead films, the entire Halloween movie series (except Halloween 2 & 3, they don't own the rights to those) or the newest ones too many others to name..... I've given more obscure Horror films a chance because of Anchor Bay

I would think that AB would support HD DVD before blu-r.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 AM

Talking

They are actually tied in with FOX pretty closely so I would expect Blu-Ray releases from them. I do know some of the people from Anchor Bay and they dodged the HI Def question so far (maybe the bad experience of UMD has made them cautious).

Given that they have refocused away from many of their classic horror titles I would like to see someone like BLUE UNDERGROUND jump on the HI Def train. I personally would kill to see a HI Def SUSPIRIA!

Don May of Synapse indicated that they recently found tons of new negative of HALLOWEEN and a restroation was underway. I'm not sure if this will wind up at Anchor Bay but let's hope for the best (a HI Def HALLOWEEN has already been shown on MONSTERS HD so a version is out there).

Untill then, lets hope HALLOWEEN 2 & 3 show up on UNIVERSAL's big list for 2007 (I caught the MONSTERS HD print of 3 and it was amazing).