Here's a feature I'd love to see... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Here's a feature I'd love to see...

...memory, i.e. the ability to start the disc at the last place you stopped watching it at.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 AM

With bookmarks you have memory. The "Resume" event does exist, but some reason the studios have not been implementing it on their titles. It will likely start happening at some point though. I am not sure why it is taking them so long.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:15 AM

Amir's talked about it. Where with DVDs it was simple. You go to this time code and play. With HD DVD's it's like running a computer program with multiple states. You can't just go back to where it stopped, you have to load the program and all the states. They are working on it though so maybe we'll see it in an update in the future.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
Amir's talked about it. Where with DVDs it was simple. You go to this time code and play. With HD DVD's it's like running a computer program with multiple states. You can't just go back to where it stopped, you have to load the program and all the states. They are working on it though so maybe we'll see it in an update in the future.
Yeah, I agree, but it seems that they could automatically save a special invisible bookmark every couple of seconds - and resume could simply load this bookmark if it exist. At least that seems like a reasonable and easy approach to me.