Problems with The Shining? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Problems with The Shining?

I bought a copy of The Shining and was watching it tonight when all of a sudden it froze for a brief second then when it came back I could hear the audio but the characters lips weren't in synch with what they were saying and were off by a second or two. Anyone else experience this or a similar problem. I could exchange it for another if anyone thinks that will help.

BTW: I have all the latest firmware updated......
Old 11-04-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nramsay View Post
I bought a copy of The Shining and was watching it tonight when all of a sudden it froze for a brief second then when it came back I could hear the audio but the characters lips weren't in synch with what they were saying and were off by a second or two. Anyone else experience this or a similar problem. I could exchange it for another if anyone thinks that will help.

BTW: I have all the latest firmware updated......
I bought The Shining the day it came out and watched it the day I bought and had no problems at all including the tennis ball.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:27 AM

Update: Took it out then put it back in went back to the part that was having the problems and it worked like a charm. I've heard stories that some HD DVDs get a sort of transparent liquid or coating on them in production and this causes issues with reading the disc. Is that maybe what it was or was I just lucky to get it to work?