Eyes Wide Shut Misprint on Versions? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Eyes Wide Shut Misprint on Versions?

Eyes Wide Shut Misprint on Versions?

I just bought Eyes Wide Shut on HD-DVD. On the back of the movie it states Rated R. And then reading the back it states Digitally remastered movie selectable in both Rated and- for the fist time in N.America unrated.

When I pop in the disc it auto plays not sure if i am getting the R or unrated V. If i go to special features i dont see how I can toggle between R or unrated? Is this a misprint, anybody else know how or can comment?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:49 PM

i think i have answered my own question, according to the reviews on this page:
(Note: The back packaging of both the HD DVD and Blu-ray versions of 'Eyes Wide Shut' appears to contain one major gaffe. The box claims that the film's R-rated and Unrated versions are both included on the disc, each selectable before the film begins. However, so far as I've been able to determine, there's no such option anywhere on the disc. Instead, this release seems to contain only the Unrated version of the film. Given the outcry that greeted the censored R-rated version upon the film's theatrical release in the US, here's guessing few will complain about its apparent absence here.)

How are you certain it is the unrated version, from what i can tell it looks the same as the R-rated V i have on VHS. Warner made a goof it seems.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionKingCT View Post
How are you certain it is the unrated version, from what i can tell it looks the same as the R-rated V i have on VHS. Warner made a goof it seems.
The HD DVD and Blu-ray both contain only the unrated version of the movie. The only difference between this and the R rated version is that the digital figures blocking the view of the sex action during the orgy have been removed. The running time of the movie is unchanged.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:03 AM

this may help look here
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...HD_Blu-ray.htm
Old 11-04-2007, 01:28 PM

I've got about three links that will show you the differences, but I'm not sure how well it would be received as they contain content not suitable for the workplace environment. If a mod could ok it, I'll post all three.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:51 PM

MOD NOTE:

It's okay to post links as long as you warn the viewer first; but please don't post any pics of adult content.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 11-04-2007, 09:15 PM

Ok, fair enough, here are the links showing the unrated version vs. the CGI characters added in to avoid the NC-17 rating it would have received here in the US:

http://www.celtoslavica.de/chiaroscu...iche/eyes.html

http://www.indelibleinc.com/kubrick/...ews/ewsedited/

PLEASE NOTE: The scene in question, that was censored in the US, is that of the orgy. These links contain images of that scene, with the nudity intact, even with the comparison shot of the CGI characters covering some of it. Not recommended for viewing at work.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the links that really shows it. I am listening >
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM

Just for kicks, sometime rent the R-rated DVD version, the floaty CGI characters are pretty hilarious. I just can't believe how fake they look..