Universal Combo Disks = PAIN - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Universal Combo Disks = PAIN

I used to have lots of problems with Universal's HD DVD combo disks on my 360 Addon. but then after I got the latest update all of them worked perfectly.

I got Knocked Up, and the "loading" thing went for ever! so i cancelled it! then it wouldnt work, so i deleted all the cookies and I also deleted the Xbox 360's Drive's memory. then Knocked Up worked.

But a few days ago I tried to play Smokin Aces, it didnt work, I did the hot water trick and still didnt work, then I tried Fast and the Furious: TK, and the same thing after many tries.

Today I tried Children of Men and first it didnt work, I did the hot water trick and it started! Halfway through the film it froze. So i ejected the disk and tried over and over again, I cleaned the disk over and over and finally after 30 minutes it started again but froze at a different spot.

So when I deleted all the HD DVD drive's memory, did the updates also get deleted ? Whats wrong ?

I really dont know what to do now

thanks.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:25 AM

Dunno. I've never had a problem with my 360 add-on, but, then again, I haven't used my add-on in quite some time.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 AM

The only problem I had was with Heroes on disk 2 and disk 7 but other than that I did not have any problems with any other disks. I have not tried Children of Men so we shall see.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 AM

all you gotta do is unconnect your drive from the internet, it'll skip any step that requires internet access, thus not locking up your player.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post

So when I deleted all the HD DVD drive's memory, did the updates also get deleted ?
D'ya think?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulduke View Post
D'ya think?
lol, well I thought if I did delete the updates, the next time im connected to live it would update again. I guess I was wrong.