Disney President Rips HD DVD Backers - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Disney President Rips HD DVD Backers

Sorry if this has been posted;

http://www.tvpredictions.com/disneyblu103107.htm

The guy seems kind of arrogant if you ask me. I hope these players going under $200.00 starts to drive up the software sales. Freddy
Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 PM

Yep... Disney is quite the douche now a day, and I may actually buy the "Bridge to Terabithia" import to just tick them off. I may also buy another A2... for my dad, if I choose not to get a new A3.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 PM

He's scared, just like the Fox guy is(another one who attacked Paramount and MS recently). I'm sure they're upset that Sony hasn't delivered on their promise of beating HD DVD into a pulp by now, and with HD DVD players dropping below the $200 mark, that's bad news for Blu-Ray-only supporters.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:31 PM

Disney is just as bad as Sony and all the other Studios its about money. If they really stood behind Blue Ray so steadfast you would see them release the good animated disney movies not crap...All you got is pirates a few crapass pixar movies and bridge to Teracrappia...

But you know they wont cause its about money waiting for one format to win so they can cash in on everyone subscribing to one format...

you know as well as I do if HD DVD wins they will jump on the wagon with open arms screaming show me the money Toshiba we knew you would win this the whole time we just didnt want to hurt sony's feelings..
Old 10-31-2007, 11:32 PM

Say these sub 200 players take off and software sells jump around the holidays. At what point does Disney want to start getting some of that market? Right now, Warner has the best of both worlds. They sell to both buyers.
Some domino's have to start tumbling at some point, right? Or are we already seeing it with Paramount, Walmart, etc?

I have to agree with the scared comment. Sounds as though he's saying things in a manner in which he's wishing they were true. I guess if they howl long enough about the "inevitable" bluray victory, they can convince themselves it's the truth, if not anyone else. Freddy
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM

I figure Disney and Fox said the same exact things back during the DivX vs. DVD days. Note to the guy: neither format is "revolutionary", instead, BOTH are evolutionary. Just because BD has more DRM and Java does not make it revolutionary. Simplicity wins over technology every time. Also, BD backers could be blamed for prolonging the format war just as much as HD backers. In my opinion, BD is the guilty party here by cramming BD+, BDROM and region coding down our throats. Those anti consumer qualities and the player price are the reasons for my signature. Think I will go ahead and import Bridge of Teribithia now because I can!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 AM
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
I figure Disney and Fox said the same exact things back during the DivX vs. DVD days. Note to the guy: neither format is "revolutionary", instead, BOTH are evolutionary. Just because BD has more DRM and Java does not make it revolutionary. Simplicity wins over technology every time. Also, BD backers could be blamed for prolonging the format war just as much as HD backers. In my opinion, BD is the guilty party here by cramming BD+, BDROM and region coding down our throats. Those anti consumer qualities and the player price are the reasons for my signature. Think I will go ahead and import Bridge of Teribithia now because I can!
Not only that, bu the DVD Forum, the founders of DVD; voted that HD DVD would be the successor format. Sony of course defected, and promised studios an easy win at the hands of their trojan horse the PS3. Of course it hasn't delivered, and Disney is very upset. The President of WDHE is spewing pure rhetoric.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Disney could end this war right now by putting classic tittles out. they're not.
they prolong this war just as much as the HD-DVD people.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.W View Post
Disney could end this war right now by putting classic tittles out.
I disagree with this. A buddy of mine was telling me something similar, and honestly, have you ever watched a Disney cartoon movie upscaled? Though I know the color would be much more vibrant were it on an actual HD disc, it's going to look pretty much the same. I just can't imagine the masses going wild for $30+ cartoon movies that look slightly better than they did on SD DVD.

Go watch the South Park HD DVD or Blu-Ray sampler to see what I mean..
Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Man5 View Post
I disagree with this. A buddy of mine was telling me something similar, and honestly, have you ever watched a Disney cartoon movie upscaled? Though I know the color would be much more vibrant were it on an actual HD disc, it's going to look pretty much the same. I just can't imagine the masses going wild for $30+ cartoon movies that look slightly better than they did on SD DVD.

Go watch the South Park HD DVD or Blu-Ray sampler to see what I mean..
Although it might not end the war it certainly isn't showing huge confidence in BR. If Disney really started opening up the classics and giving them good bd-50 transfers, I would probably go neutral.