Japan gets TRANSFORMERS bundled. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Japan gets TRANSFORMERS bundled.

Please delete if listed elsewhere...

A free copy of Transformers will be bundled with every HD DVD player / recorder in Japan.

http://hddvdformat.blogspot.com/
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 PM

Interesting that they will start offering it from 1st of November as a promotion for new hw buyers though it has release date of 19th of December in Japan. I wonder if they have to wait until release date before they get it.

It's good that they are making the most of this exclusive release in any case
Old 10-31-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Interesting Point...

It does say "content of Present" which I took to mean all contents included or bundled.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktooth View Post
It does say "content of Present" which I took to mean all contents included or bundled.
I think it's probably not bundled since they already have those HD-XA2 and HD-XF2 models that are part of the promotion in shops everywhere and buyers will probably qualify as long as they buy the hw between the promotion's time period and send in the required papers.

I got Toshiba's earlier promotion when I bought my HD-XF2 last year and that one required submission of some paperwork to them and the free disc (I chose King Kong from the available options) arrived in less than 3 weeks by some transport courier. I also got free Mission Impossible trilogy box as part 2 of the same promotion, that was a kind of lottery based thing with limited numbers but I got lucky. That one arrived a couple of weeks after the first disc. Overall I think the promotions were great.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Well, it's definitely good timing...

If I remember correctly in listening to Michael Bay's commentary on Transformers, It wasn't opening in Japan until beginning of October so it should still be fresh in everyone's mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktooth View Post
If I remember correctly in listening to Michael Bay's commentary on Transformers, It wasn't opening in Japan until beginning of October so it should still be fresh in everyone's mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This official Japan Web site for the movie says it opened on 4th of August.
http://www.transformers-movie.jp/top.html

I think it wouldn't be released on HD DVD in December yet if it had opened in October.

It's probably still quite fresh anyway