Bored to death - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Bored to death

I was just wondering, is anybody else soooo bored with this format war, that they are looking at possibly getting rid of what they have? How many of you picked up titles just because there was a sale, and have never even watched those titles?
I check the forum daily, and to be honest (with the exception of new release dates) there is NEVER any news. We usually see one or two new stories each week. And 90% of the time, those stories are 100% speculation from one side or the other. "OH No, it's the end of the world because Walmart won't carry the Venturer", or "Oh no, it's the end of the world because Target is giving us one less row of shelf space", "oh no, it's the end of the world because a guy I know, who knows a guy, who lives with a guy, who works with a guy, whose brothers best friends brother works at Gamestop said .......".
Just think, only a couple weeks ago, people were up in arms commenting on the accusations by Disney head man, about Paramount. Would somebody like to explain to me WHY that was worth talking about??
Both sides are grasping at straws. and the average consumer couln't care less.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

true that... i just want a milti format player to come in.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM

If i didn't go neutral, i would be pissed. I got whatever movies I want on HD and blu. I watch them all...and since my collection of dvds is oh...1000 or so, i don't double dip, to often...so pretty much i just want new releases.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:17 PM

I am pretty bored with the format war right now....all im looking forward to right now is Transformers and thats about it...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Sorry, I don't want to sound offensive, but you are not making much sense to me.

I love movies and I buy them because I want to watch and enjoy them in the comfort of my home: I do not buy anything for the sake of buying it, so every single DVD, HD DVD that I buy is something I was looking forward to (well, is my hard earned money we are talking about!!). Bored ? How can I possibly be bored? I did chose HD DVD because the kind of movies I can watch in this format are, more often than not, the ones I like better : for me to be bored is really not possible, at least not of cinema and not of HI DEF movies!

If you do not come here for the movies why the **ll do you visit the site for? You read the forum and you only see the bickering and the "mine is better than yours" discussions? I can agree with you that can be annoying but on this forum there is much more than that (especially I you stay clear of Smackdown).

Again I don't want to sound rude or anything but maybe, just maybe, if you feel like that, HD movies are not probably the best hobby for you....

Just my 0,2 $... Now I have disc 5 of Heroes waiting for me in the player...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 PM

I think the main problem now is that everybody knows (except Jadedeath and HDguru maybe) that the format war ended probably the day of the Paramount announcement. When all is said and done I think history will show that this is the final deal that clinched a stalemate. Brilliant move by HD-DVD which ensured that both formats are here to stay. Since then it's been very apparent that this site has not been the same. There's just nothing truly compelling left to REALLY argue about unfortunately. Here's to hoping there might still be significant drama to come, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:55 PM

I agree with Kimba. I like HD movies and that is why I am here. I support HD DVD because I think it provides the better experience, but in the end I get movies that I want to add to my collection for the most part. Occassionally I will buy something to support HD DVD, but mostly I just want my HD movies.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Weird. There are like 30 movies comeing out this MONTH ALONE that i want to buy. Biggest month ever for me as far as movies i want comeing out.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM

To be fair, his post is more about being bored with the "war" guys.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:15 PM

According to DVDProfiler, my collection DVD/HD-DVD is over 950 titles. But to be honest, I usually just watch new releases. The other titles, I just watch on HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz, etc.
But I have been at it (collecting movies) since DVD first came out, so I'm not about to give up now.
I guess I am bored because of all the rediculous threads that get started. Not only in smackdown, and not only in our specific forum. But on the main page as well. I would be less bored if we could see more news of upcoming releases, like when all the specs came out for the Potter gift set. That was great. It just seems to be too far and few in between. I am still hoping for Paramount/warner/universal to come out with some more major announcements in support of HD-DVD.
BTW, I highly doubt I am the only one here who bought movies just because they were on sale. It's called "impulsive buying", and it happens to many people.
PS, I avoid the Smackdown area like a plague.
Thanks for listening.
I really thought there would be more people who are feeling like I am.
I guess I'm just still holding out hope for big announcements (like Braveheart, LOTR, blade, Gladiator, Kill bill the whole bloody affair, etc). True street dates, instead of baseless rumors.