Getting Best Price For Transformers HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Getting Best Price For Transformers HD DVD

First up I must state that I live in Toronto, Canada. Our dollar is now even with the US Greenback.

I've been searching for the best deal on Transformers HD DVD. Up until recently, Amazon Canada actually listed the price as $35 but have dropped it to $32.96 roughly. I checked Amazon USA and even though their price is lower at $27.95, after you pay $4.99 + $2.50 shipping charge, it ends up being almost $36 and you won't get it for at least a week after street date I suspect. I decided that, unless I could potentially save at least $5 off the price it would not be worth importing from the USA.

I finally made a decision to buy it from DVDEmpire as they have a super deal if you also need/want "Disturbia" HD DVD, which I don't yet own and enjoyed in the cinema. Under $53 plus just $7.50 shipping to Canada results in a total price of just under $61.00 CAN for both of these titles and I believe that saves me about $7.50 off of the best price I've seen anywhere in Canada on this title.

So, my question to Canadian HD DVD fans is: HAVE you seen a better deal for this Transformers HD DVD than what I've listed above?

DJD
Old 09-29-2007, 05:00 PM

order from HD Addicts. The guy is based in canada so you should get it very fast and shipping is very reasonable. Just imported The Island on blu-ray from him and couldn't be happier with the service.

http://www.hdaddicts.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=833
Old 09-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Also HDaddict is having a free shipping week..
go vote for when in the indie retailer forum.
lets hope october 16th wins.