Star Trek movies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Star Trek movies

Hi all. New to this forum and website in general. I can see it as a great source of the new generation of HD movies of Blu-Ray and HD DVD.

I only have a PS3 at the moment, but do plan on purchasing an HD DVD. I am just waiting on the new Toshibas to be released in October. Plan on getting the HD-A35.

I was originally one who wanted to wait until the 'war' ended between BR and HD but it doesn't look like it will. At least for a long time. So I decided to just get both.

To my subject. Has anyone heard anything about the Star Trek movies being released for HD? As they are Paramount, I know it will be HD DVD exclusive, which is ok (for me at least).

I guess you can call me a "trekkie" and would really look forward to picking these up when they come out. Would also love to see TNG on HD as well.

Nice to be part of the forums!

Edit: Btw, I know I am not going to be only in the "HD DVD camp", so I hope no one gets upset I posted here. I just put it in this specific forum because I know Paramount is HD DVD exclusive now.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:08 PM

The First season of the Original Series is coming out very soon and it has been remastered. You can bet that the other shows and movies are on their way. We should hear something by CES 2008
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM

Well, a year ago there were lists of upcoming titles in the queue and the Star Trek movie collection was in that list.

That list is no longer public information but it has been accurate in very general way, so my guess is the Star Trek movies will likely be released in a reasonable time frame...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiiMan2007 View Post
The First season of the Original Series is coming out very soon and it has been remastered. You can bet that the other shows and movies are on their way. We should hear something by CES 2008
Yes, I remember seeing information on the first season of TOS coming out in November. It looks really good, but I will admit I was a bit shocked on the price. Over $200 for only one season!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah so as i but on amazon it is 129.98 i think. Paramount lowered the price alittle bit. I will pick up these movies in a instant. I just bought an hd dvd addon and an a35. I caceled my a20 order in preperation for the a35.So my players need so star trek love.