The Corpse Bride - High-Def Digest - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2006, 09:03 AM
MrChaos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 400
Default Corpse Bride - High-Def Digest

Peter Bracke on Tim Burton's Corpse Bride:

After debuting on Blu-ray a few weeks back, the film impresses just as equally on HD DVD. A winner across the board with a great transfer, soundtrack and plenty of extras, there is little reason to not pick this one up -- even if you already own the film on standard-def DVD.

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/corpsebride.html

Last edited by jed; 10-13-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Very nice, I'm eager to read some reviews on the Ps3 as a blu-ray player and the HD-DVD addon for 360.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 82
Default

Wow, no comments at all on this movie? I just ordered it from Amazon and having never seen it I was quite curious to see what others had to say about the HD DVD release...sadly I guess there are no opinions
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippoeater View Post
Wow, no comments at all on this movie? I just ordered it from Amazon and having never seen it I was quite curious to see what others had to say about the HD DVD release...sadly I guess there are no opinions
I rented it, and never made it all the way through after several attempts. But, I'm just not a fan of animation nor Tim Burton; I thought the story was pretty silly. But, it's one of the top rated HD DVDs for PQ.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

We just watched this bargain priced HD-DVD after letting it sit on the shelf all these many months. We had seen the film before, so we knew we liked it. The HD-DVD is absolutely awesome in quality. Find it bargain priced - and snag it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
vinnie97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,897
Default

Unless you're tired of carrying the dead weight of your aging HD DVD equipment around. I'm on the cusp of slimming down and minimizing the complications/# of required home theater components (this is why I went combo in the first place).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 329
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
We just watched this bargain priced HD-DVD after letting it sit on the shelf all these many months. We had seen the film before, so we knew we liked it. The HD-DVD is absolutely awesome in quality. Find it bargain priced - and snag it!
Hey Rich86. You are so right. I was watching this the other day and is absolutely stunning. I mean, I didn't see any grain on my Toshiba 51H83 at all. And my television only goes 1080i. Just a masterful peace of work by Tim Burton. Nobody should ever miss a film like this. It was a bit hard for me to get it at first, but it was worth every penny. Good call Rich86.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
Unless you're tired of carrying the dead weight of your aging HD DVD equipment around. I'm on the cusp of slimming down and minimizing the complications/# of required home theater components (this is why I went combo in the first place).
Well, if your HD-DVD equipment is dead, and you are carrying it around, I surely suggest you stop. Fortunately my equipment remains pristine and installed in our home theater and continues to function perfectly, permitting enjoyment of our HD-DVD title collection - including "The Corpse Bride" HD-DVD (which is actually what this thread is about).

Last edited by Rich86; 10-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
vinnie97's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,897
Default

You are gleaming meaning from my post that isn't there. It's becoming an asset and only serves to waste space as the catchup titles continue to be released (though announcements have sadly been stalled). I'd rather keep hardware that is futureproofed (i.e. the Oppo BD player) and has a high likelihood of seeing more improvements down the line than obsolete hardware by a couple of companies who can't drop support quickly enough. Yes, I understand what this thread is about but even then, I wouldn't recommend buying anymore HD DVDs at this juncture as hardware becomes even more scarce. The BD of this title is currently sitting at $11.50 on Amazon, so it's not too much of a price to pay if you are done adding to your obsolescent collection (as I am).

Last edited by vinnie97; 10-13-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Rich86's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
You are gleaming meaning from my post that isn't there. It's becoming an asset and only serves to waste space as the catchup titles continue to be released (though announcements have sadly been stalled). I'd rather keep hardware that is futureproofed (i.e. the Oppo BD player) and has a high likelihood of seeing more improvements down the line than obsolete hardware by a couple of companies who can't drop support quickly enough. Yes, I understand what this thread is about but even then, I wouldn't recommend buying anymore HD DVDs at this juncture as hardware becomes even more scarce. The BD of this title is currently sitting at $11.50 on Amazon, so it's not too much of a price to pay if you are done adding to your obsolescent collection (as I am).
I have no problems with your sentiments, if they serve your personal agenda. I also purchase blu-rays if they are priced attractively over HD-DVDs at this juncture. However, the comparable HD-DVDs perform as well as the blu-rays, and this thread is discussing HD-DVD releases, specifically "Corpse Bride". If you have realized your combo player is more trouble than it is worth, so be it, but it doesn't have much to do with the rest of us, and absolutely nothing to do with this particular HD-DVD title.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Father of the Bride / Father of the Bride Part II' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 05-31-2012 12:30 PM
'The Corpse Bride' $9.99 at Amazon Landy Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 3 08-15-2009 07:03 PM
WTTF: planet of the apes (burton), corpse bride Clint Eastwood Blu-ray Disc Exchange 1 04-20-2009 04:40 PM
WTB Corpse Bride,TMNT and Polar Express bettzysdaddy HD DVD Disc Exchange 4 03-31-2009 01:24 AM
Corpse Bride HD DVD question marine92104 HD DVD Software General Discussion 4 09-05-2007 02:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off