'Shrek the Third' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
PeterB

Default 'Shrek the Third' -- pre-release buzz

DreamWorks has finally confirmed a November 13 arrival for 'Shrek the Third':

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/shrekthethird.html

Extras are quite extensive, with nearly a dozen featurettes, lost scenes, trailers, plus exclusive extras including a picture-in-picture commentary, video jukebox and web-enabled extras, such as a downloadable trivia track.

Tech specs may disappiont, as Paramount has decided to forego high-res audio with Dolby Digital-PLus 5.1 surround only.

Retail is $39.98.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 PM

The Shrek DVDs looked gorgeous, this disc has got to have a reference quality video track for sure! I can live without lossless fart/sick noises.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM

oh this will look good
Old 09-18-2007, 02:09 PM

nice, never saw the third, it will look nice in HD
Old 09-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
oh this will look good
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of animated films and will probably just give Shrek a rent.

But, it comes out a week after Disney's Cars & Ratatouille, and up against Warner's Ocean's 13/Trilogy and Sony's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Should be a big week for High-Def.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of animated films and will probably just give Shrek a rent.

But, it comes out a week after Disney's Cars & Ratatouille, and up against Warner's Ocean's 13/Trilogy and Sony's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Should be a big week for High-Def.
happy feet and TMNT both look amazing in hd, so i know this will look good
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 PM

I didn't see this in theaters, and I thought 2 wasn't very good, but knowing me I'll break down and get this. And to those who I know will say "IM NOT GETTING THIS BECAUSE THERES NO TRUEHD AND I NEED TO HEAR SHRED IN TRUEHD SOUND NO SALE FOR ME", I'm pre-emptively shaking my head in disbelief.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 PM

You can see this already in HD. If you have an xbox 360 download the trailer in HD. I have it and I can tell you that it look's better than Happy feet and TMNT. I own both those movies and TMNT is insane looking but Shrek is on a whole new level and all the enviorments look just as defined and sharp as the characters. Please keep in mind I saw in 720P imagine in 1080P. Get ready folks, also I would expect to the see a boxed trilogy coming out at some point I would buy it for sure.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:22 PM

Is there already a box set on the horizon?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Tech specs may disappiont, as Paramount has decided to forego high-res audio with Dolby Digital-PLus 5.1 surround only.
This whole "it's not high-res audio unless it's lossless" thing is getting so tiring.

Todays codecs give lossless-quality results while leveraging the benefits of compression, plain and simple. People are so caught up in the "more bits is better" mentality, but this isn't true, as long as your have "enough" bits. DD+ is definitely not a "lacking" codec.

I hope they don't realize their video is being compressed (and therefore not "hi-res"). This would cause a revolt for sure.

I'm holding my breath until studios start releasing their movies with lossless video (or until my face turns blue, whichever comes first).