'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
PeterB

Default 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry' -- pre-release buzz

Details are in for 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry,' which Universal has finally confirmed for a November 6 release:

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/inowp...kandlarry.html

It's a HD DVD/DVD combo, with limited extras: Only deleted and alternate scenes, and some outtakes.

Tech specs include 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby TrueHD audio.

Retail is $39.98.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM

i would be interested if it were on blu-ray. looked like a really funny movie. one to rent.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Actually liked this movie quite a bit when I saw it in theaters. Wont be buying it on HD DVD though due to it being a combo disc.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Buying this one for sure.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAlbers23 View Post
i would be interested if it were on blu-ray. looked like a really funny movie. one to rent.
One of the very few HDDVD Exclusive titles I am jealous about...That and Transformers. Chuck and Larry was a HILARIOUS movie, and it also helped that Jessica Biel was half naked showing her nicely sculpted assets!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 PM

This is one my wife will dig, so I will be getting it .
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM

pretty decent flick...not to mention the beautiful Jessica Biel. it will be a buy for me.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Ugh...combo disk

I'd be willing to bet the number of people who don't buy this due to the inflated price of the combo's (who own HD DVD players) will out number the people who do buy it who don't have an HD DVD player.

Sorry, but as long as a SD DVD option remains, extremely few people are buying combos who only have SD DVD players. They are buying the much cheaper SD DVD. At the same time, studios are losing HD DVD customers buy not offering the standalone HD DVD version.

I still haven't bought Children of Men or Smokin Aces because I'm hoping for a stand alone re-issue. I understood the combo strategy a year ago, I don't understand it now.

Last edited by sharktooth; 09-13-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Wanted to see this in theaters. Might have to pick this up. Heard nothing but good reviews for this one.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktooth View Post
I'd be willing to bet the number of people who don't buy this due to the inflated price of the combo's (who own HD DVD players) will out number the people who do buy it who don't have an HD DVD player.

Sorry, but as long as a SD DVD option remains, extremely few people are buying combos who only have SD DVD players. They are buying the much cheaper SD DVD. At the same time, studios are losing HD DVD customers buy not offering the standalone HD DVD version.

I still haven't bought Children of Men because I'm hoping for a stand alone re-issue. I understood the combo strategy a year ago, I don't understand it now.
I second that. Combos are a waste of space and money,imho. Some people like them. I just dont see the need for them when you can buy the much cheaper sd dvd. Last time I checked out Children of Men it was going for almost $40!!! Too much,imho. $50 for Spiderman 3??!!!!?? There is a limit to what I will spend on ONE movie.