Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Will the new Indiana Jones hit HD DVD when released for purchase, since Spielberg is directing? I bet it would be a day and date and be HD DVD exclusive.

The title was finally announced tonight on the VMA's by MTV and confirmed.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33975

Last edited by sentury111; 09-10-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Spielberg/Paramount movies will most likely be DF if they are released any time soon. Spielberg titles are excluded from the recent Paramount deal. I doubt any Spielberg/Paramount titles get releases for quite a while regardless. By that time I expect Paramount and Universal to be DF as well.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentury111 View Post
Will the new Indiana Jones hit HD DVD when released for purchase, since Spielberg is directing? I bet it would be a day and date and be HD DVD exclusive.

The title was finally announced tonight on the VMA's by MTV and confirmed.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33975
While I dont mind the name (it might take some time to grow on me) I have huge lucas fan and am expecting good things about this movie that being said:

You will not see this movie on HD DVD or Blu-ray, I would almost bet on it. Lucas owns the rights to Indiana Jones, and I belive that Lucasfilm is going to be the production company on this movie. Much like fox was simple there to distribute the Prequel Star Wars movies, Paramount will be there simply to distribute the new Jones movie.

Why am I so sure this movie will not see any format? Look at how god damn long it took us to get Indiana Jones Trilogy and Star Wars movies. The first Star Wars movie on dvd was Episode I, and that came out in 1999, many years into DVD avalible and the "new standard". The old trilogy didnt come out untill September 21, 2004. That was only 3 years ago!! The Indiana Jones trilogy came out October 21, 2003 a month and year before Star Wars.

The only ONLY way we are getting this movie on HD DVD or Blu-ray is if George Lucas says so, and Spielberg agree's with him as they two are old friends.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:21 PM

But Phantom Menace came out day and date, it was a two years into DVD's life. So, when Indiana 4 is released, it would be right around the same time frame as this movie, when it's due on HD.

I think it's releasing day and date. Same as episode one.

Last edited by sentury111; 09-10-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM

That's a weak title. I thought they were going with

Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAddicts View Post
That's a weak title. I thought they were going with

Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods
I kind of agree, the current title is rather corny. I also think "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods" sounds better.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Yeah, but if the movie isn't about a City of the Gods...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:52 PM

I have no doubt it will be day and date with DVD and HD DVD.

Possibly be one of the few Paramount BD releases but that is still speculation.