"Harry Potter 5" HD DVD: December 11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Thumbs up "Harry Potter 5" HD DVD: December 11

Quote:
Harry Potter 5 on DVD, Blu-ray & HD DVD Dec. 11
September 7, 2007

Warner Home Video has provided ComingSoon.net with a first look at the new DVD cover artwork for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The summer blockbuster will be released as a Two-Disc Special Edition, a Widescreen version, a Full Screen version, a Blu-ray Disc and a HD DVD on December 11.

The Two-Disc Special Edition, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD will include: 10 minutes of never before seen footage; an A&E documentary; a featurette called "Trailing Tonks," in which you spend a day with actress Nat Tena and receive a very personal and often wacky tour of the "Order of the Phoenix" stages; a "Harry Potter: The Magic of Editing" feature, in which director David Yates and editor Mark Day show us what a difference a good edit makes and then allow you to edit a scene; "The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter" in which look for clues in the past Harry Potter films for what the future films may hold; an "In Movie Experience," in which you join the cast from Dumbledore's Army as they come together to share memorable moments; as well as more "making of" featurettes and "Fun and Games."

Source

No mention of the rest of the series yet, but I'm gonna guess that if they are indeed coming out this X-Mas, too, they'll also hit on December 11th.

I'm curious if this title will have iME features exclusive from the DVD and Blu-ray versions, too, like "HP4" does in Europe?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM

I thought they were not releasing OOTP individually on BD/HD, but rather as a boxed set with all 5 movies included?...

EDIT: I thought wrong... Order of the Phoenix will be released, but the others only as a set...

Last edited by Ashamed Pegasus; 09-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.